Page 100 of 165 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1641

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

There have been any number of male politicians of both parties who have resigned over allegations of sexual misconduct. I don’t think there is much of a double standard operating here, unless you assume a different standard should exist for campaign workers as opposed to government or corporate workers.

Hill could have stayed in office and relied on a lack of evidence in the hope or belief that the House Ethics probe would turn up nothing. It worked for a certain Supreme Court Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Were you in her bedroom keeping track of her sex life?
    No, but I understand part of it was on display on Reddit and a trail of text messages fills in a few additional blanks.

It’s interesting how you’re quick to accept hearsay when it involves a democrat but not when it involves a republican.

Didn't you invoke Occam's Razor just a few days ago? In matters of opinion that's usually my guide.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    It can go the other way too, with Democrats and independents voting in the Republican primary in open states. Bill Weld is sure hoping they do.
    Yes, but I think that would have been a more effective strategy for Democrats in 2025/2016 when the field was crowded and the odds of knocking out a given candidate would have been much better.

According to the Daily Beast (Molly Jong-Fast 11-3):

What if the culture is shifting faster than the Congress? What if naked photos are just a fact of millennial life? What if Katie Hill is actually the victim of a pack of puritans? That said, this is not a cut and dried case: Hill had multiple partners, including a younger female staffer. Of course, so did another California congressman, Duncan Hunter, who had five affairs and used campaign funds to pay for them and shows no sign of resigning. Yes, there’s an obvious difference here: Hill dated a subordinate, which leads to a #metoo aspect. But the generational divide seems the most striking.

Unless she coerced the staffer, IMO, this is merely a matter of poor judgment. And a pervasive double standard--one for Republicans, one for Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    No, but I understand part of it was on display on Reddit and a trail of text messages fills in a few additional blanks.

Didn't you invoke Occam's Razor just a few days ago? In matters of opinion that's usually my guide.
    Except as regards Vindman apparently.

I wonder when duncan hunter is going to resign.

Except as regards Vindman apparently.
    No, it comes into play there as well and in my mind it all boils down to his uniform. It is improper for a professional military member to engage in political actions against their commander in chief. If one is going to do so and they have the option of doing it out of uniform, they should. The simple answer seems to be that optics were in play and as I stated earlier I'm not sure whether it was by his design or by someone elses.

We do know that optics are the most important aspect of the investigation so far, beginning with meetings being held in a SCIF, which is designed to ensure confidentiality, and is certainly failing in it's mission since the Democrats are leaking everything they consider to be advantageous to their efforts, sometimes even before the information is presented. By conducting the investigation in this manner, you know what they want you to know and nothing they don't want you to know. I'd think you'd be foolish to claim any hard and fast beliefs under those conditions.

I wonder when duncan hunter is going to resign.
    From what I know of that matter, I think he should. But I also wonder why the House Ethics committee, controlled by Democrats, haven't forced the issue. Maybe like in the impeachment hearings there's a better payoff in controlling the narrative than to act on the evidence? Just speculating....
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Yppej
    I don't get why people are stupid enough to let compromising photos of themselves be taken, or like Anthony Weiner take the pics themselves.

One could also assume that after a lifetime of honorable public service he’s proud to wear the uniform, especially when doing something as important as calling out the wrongdoing of the commander in chief. But no one on team red is likely to consider that possibility because team red doesn't believe that anyone who disagrees with them can be honorable.

One could also assume that after a lifetime of honorable public service he’s proud to wear the uniform, especially when doing something as important as calling out the wrongdoing of the commander in chief. But no one on team red is likely to consider that possibility because team red doesn't believe that anyone who disagrees with them can be honorable.
    That assumption would be outside military protocol but I suppose you can run with it if you wish. Its also bad form to belittle anyone not making that leap with you, just in case you were wondering.

It’s also bad form for a president to try and extort political favors from an ally country, but yet, here we are.

Thread Information