Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenosha exposes America as it really is.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Kenosha exposes America as it really is.....

Just what I said. The iaw enforcement involved can't be so stupid (?) as to not know they were vulnerable to being filmed - yet they attempted murder anyway. Why is human life so cheap in America and why the societal expectation that I be OK with this?

After Kenosha I don't understand how a rational adult could not have a least a low grade permanent fear of the United States. Rob

More looting and vandalism. And mob violence. I wouldn’t want to be in some of these city’s either. More democratic run city’s will look like Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    More looting and vandalism. And mob violence. I wouldn’t want to be in some of these city’s either. More democratic run city’s will look like Detroit.
    I was referring to America's out of control sociopathic police. Kenosha is yet another example of how worthless African American life is in America to these pension accruing psychopaths. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    After Kenosha I don't understand how a rational adult could not have a least a low grade permanent fear of the United States. Rob
    "Rational". You keep using that word....I don't think it means what you think it means.

That’s my hometown. Not sure it’s a Democratic city anymore as so many wealthy republicans from Illinois have moved in. It’s not that big and I actually was surprised that happened.

I can assure you Rob, I am as sick and tired of the nonsense as you are. We would probably define “nonsense” differently, but I am fine to just say this crap has to stop.

To that end, I seldom seek out news sources yet I can't escape it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    That’s my hometown. Not sure it’s a Democratic city anymore as so many wealthy republicans from Illinois have moved in. It’s not that big and I actually was surprised that happened.
    Like almost all of our riot-prone cities, Kenosha is pretty solidly Democrat. I would think most of the wealthier Illinois refugees are heading to places like Pleasant Prairie, Salem or Bristol. And not all of the escapees from that ill-managed state are wicked Republicans by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    When were you last there? Kenosha is still pretty working class. I have friends there.

The Wisconsin Department of Justice is investigating, and there is a video record of what each officer did. I think a reasonable amount of time must be allowed for a thorough and competent investigation to be completed.

The elected official accountable for the Department of Justice is Attorney General Josh Kaul. Some insight into his attitude can be gathered from an opinion piece he wrote for the Capitol Times 6/9/2020:

... Racism and discrimination persist in America.
    We cannot delay for another time... engaging in open, constructive dialogue and taking action. And as we work to make progress, voices from communities that too often have been unrepresented or ignored by those in power must be included. We must listen, and we must act.
    We also must stand vigilant against those who attempt to exploit the uncertainty of the moment to sew division, subvert the rule of law, and promote violence

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I can assure you Rob, I am as sick and tired of the nonsense as you are. We would probably define “nonsense” differently, but I am fine to just say this crap has to stop.

To that end, I seldom seek out news sources yet I can't escape it.
    IL, from the bottom of my heart - Thank You. I'm feeling hope in that though we often don't agree, you yourself are tired of this. Thank You. Rob

Thread Information