Page 145 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1641

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

It just doesn't sound like that is what they are doing, from what my son told me about what happened to him. You are standing at a peaceful demonstration chanting, and you get pepper sprayed. That's not protecting anything.

It's ironic that people are demonstrating against systemic police brutality while police are demonstrating openly that brutality is their modus operandi.

I have no problem with arrests of individuals breaking the law, as long as those arrests are made as non-violently as possible. A few bad actors usually show up at demonstrations, often under false flags.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I agree, demonstrate all you want just leave your paint and bricks and bats and hammers at home and clean up after yourself before you go. No harm, no foul.
    And don't throw the tea in the water?

My sister in Chicago said that the protests had stopped but now started up again once trump announced his plan.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    And don't throw the tea in the water?
    Yeah, I wouldn't suggest it.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    My sister in Chicago said that the protests had stopped but now started up again once trump announced his plan.
    Interestingly enough, someone has created a website to keep track of scheduled protests in Chicago. They're currently scheduled over a week out but apparently are removed from the list after each has taken place. The descriptions provided don't mention the nefarious plan to allow federal police to protect federal property. I'd love to see their archives. https://www.protestchicago.com/
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I don't know about that, Federal officers have operated in cities for years and years. US Marshalls are tasked with policing Federal courthouses, my city's local Federal Reserve facility has federal officers tasked with providing security on its premises, US Park Service officers are responsible for security of federal monuments, etc. These are the same people everyone's talking about in Portland, probably with reinforcements from other areas, but the same organizations none-the-less.

To suggest that they shouldn't be allowed or that it is improper for them to do their jobs seems silly.
    This is not silly at all. These federal agents are not trained for this.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...aining-in-riot

It was odd, I saw a Biden interview today, and he seemed to be speaking in complete sentences. Sort of refreshing.

Lt. General Russel Honore' weighed in on Trump's storm troopers in an interview last night. His opinion is that they're a disgrace to military personnel everywhere. Firing on our own citizens, dressing in ridiculous camouflage to intimidate. Totally unnecessary.

Yes--I'm not Biden's biggest fan, but he provides a refreshing contrast to what we're currently stuck with.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Lt. General Russel Honore' weighed in on Trump's storm troopers in an interview last night. His opinion is that they're a disgrace to military personnel everywhere. Firing on our own citizens, dressing in ridiculous camouflage to intimidate. Totally unnecessary.

Yes--I'm not Biden's biggest fan, but he provides a refreshing contrast to what we're currently stuck with.
    It's actually a great tactical uniform, plenty of pockets and reinforcement everywhere. Camouflage uniforms were designed years and years ago for use in tropical or wooded environments but then started showing up in every environment in the 90's. But regardless of the pattern they beat the hell out of the old olive drabs I used to wear.

Thread Information