Page 147 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1641

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Biden is much more qualified in all respects.
    His claims of intellectual superiority have certainty been useful to his opposition in an attack ad currently running in my state. You would think a fellow bragging about his academic achievements would be more cautious in lying about things which can be easily verified.

These officers are not usually in this type of situation. They are federal agents.
    Federal agents are sworn peace officers, just like local police.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I do not have police background but would think they would be trained in protest rallies and riot procedures. LDAHL, I believe, was police and could shed light on this subject???
    I believe you're thinking of WilliamSmith who started this thread a year and a half ago, or possibly me as I was a police officer for about 6 years a long time ago. I thought you may be be more up-to-date on current police training after making lack of training claims for police officers from a collection of federal agencies.

I'm personally dubious of any claims that they're not, believing that their training may not be up-to-date but is usually acquired during training for peace officer certification.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm personally dubious of any claims that they're not, believing that their training may not be up-to-date but is usually acquired during training for peace officer certification.
    I participate every few years in the state training exercises for riot control. It's a lot of fun (*), a lot of material, and a lot of work. Based on my observation, it is a perishable, specialty skill. I'd hope units deployed to these situations have this sort of training.

(*) One year we had a zombie-afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    (*) One year we had a zombie-afternoon
    We never trained for zombies back in the 70's, back then it was mostly for '68 Democratic Convention and Bernie Sanders supporter types.

We never trained for zombies back in the 70's, back then it was mostly for '68 Democratic Convention and Bernie Sanders supporter types.
    I think at the time it was meant to be an analogue for the residents of "The Jungle" in Seattle, which was cleared out shortly thereafter in an action oddly similar to a scene from "They Live".

Simpler times.

Federal agents are sworn peace officers, just like local police.
    I was a sworn federal agent. It is not at all like local police.

https://www.fedsmith.com/2019/10/31/...ce-what-means/

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    His claims of intellectual superiority have certainty been useful to his opposition in an attack ad currently running in my state. You would think a fellow bragging about his academic achievements would be more cautious in lying about things which can be easily verified.
    I saw that ad here too. It didn't even look like Biden. I can't remember who was running the ad but it was not done well IMO.

Were you a US Marshall or ATF Agent or Park Service Officer or Federal Protective Services Officer and commissioned as a Police Officer as they are? I believe it's some combination of those officers you referred to as goons earlier. Did you consider yourself a goon? I hope not as that's a rather unhealthy outlook.

I think my oath went something like this:

I __________________ do hereby declare, that I will support the constitution of the United States, the constitution of the State of Washington, and that, as a member of the _____ Fire District, my fundamental duty is to serve the people I swear to protect, to safeguard and preserve life, health and property against fire and other perils, and to maintain a proficiency in the fire service.

I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith and trust, and I accept so long as I am true to the ethics of the fire service and make these promises so solemnly, freely, and upon my honor.

Thread Information