Page 151 of 165 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1641

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Now, if I were a homeowner, and a mob was throwing flaming bottles at my home, and lighting me up with what appear to be laser sighting devices, I'd be tempted to react strongly....
    While I have yet to be in the exact situation, I like to think that I would leave. A building can be rebuilt, a human life - when dead - is dead. I hope I never put a material object above a life - mine or anyone else's.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    While I have yet to be in the exact situation, I like to think that I would leave. A building can be rebuilt, a human life - when dead - is dead. I hope I never put a material object above a life - mine or anyone else's.
    Well, I don't see a particularly safe way of leaving when the house is threatened by a mob throwing flaming bottles and pointing lasers.

I also value my own life, and my life's energy, and am unwilling to have my home burned to the ground. If people chose to attempt to destroy my home, well, they made their own bed.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Well, I don't see a particularly safe way of leaving when the house is threatened by a mob throwing flaming bottles and pointing lasers.

I also value my own life, and my life's energy, and am unwilling to have my home burned to the ground. If people chose to attempt to destroy my home, well, they made their own bed.
    I understand. And, if and how you choose to defend is the bed of your own making as well.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I suppose if you ignore the multiple videos floating around the internet showing exactly that, and that pretty much all the people who get kidnapped get released without ever being told why they were picked up or having any charges brought against them then, sure, it's not happening.
    If you can’t trust videos floating around the internet, what can you trust?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Maybe at one time that was true but now look what is in the White House. Times have radically changed. This is how Hitler came to power. People did not believe or want to see what he was doing. The good news about all this ... is some Republicans are starting to speak up!
    When the IRS was targeting enemies of the previous administration and the FBI was obtaining FISA warrants under highly questionable pretexts, I don’t think things were so radically different.

If someone was trying to set my house on fire I take the dogs and leave. I had a friend in Kansas whose husband kept a loaded shotgun in the closet and she was taught to use it. Their kids were grown and no grandchildren. One night a guy broke in and all the while telling her what he was going to do with her once her husband was dead. She got the gun and killed him. She was so traumatized that she never allowed another gun in the house although it probably saved both their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    If someone was trying to set my house on fire I take the dogs and leave. I had a friend in Kansas whose husband kept a loaded shotgun in the closet and she was taught to use it. Their kids were grown and no grandchildren. One night a guy broke in and all the while telling her what he was going to do with her once her husband was dead. She got the gun and killed him. She was so traumatized that she never allowed another gun in the house although it probably saved both their lives.
    Thank goodness she had it when she needed it.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I understand at least a few of those fires were ignited by flash-bang grenades.

I would be interested to see what the political leanings of violent participants in these demonstrations are.
    Of course, I'm not a neutral party, but I'd guess they would be anarchists (who show up for any and all demonstrations), agents provocateurs (usually righties), and maybe a left-leaning radical or two. The vast, vast majority of the crowd (as reported by media and my friends) are peaceful and passionate. The goons appearance draws anarchists and agents provocateurs. They should go back where they came from.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I understand at least a few of those fires were ignited by flash-bang grenades.

I would be interested to see what the political leanings of violent participants in these demonstrations are.
    Of course, I'm not a neutral party, but I'd guess they would be anarchists (who show up for any and all demonstrations), agents provocateurs (usually righties), and maybe a left-leaning radical or two. The vast, vast majority of the crowd (as reported by media and my friends) are peaceful and passionate. The goons appearance draws anarchists and agents provocateurs. They should go back where they came from.
    That’s the problem, isn’t it? Everybody wants to “guess” that the bad actors are predominantly to be found among the people they don’t like; and even that their very presence constitutes a provocation.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    That’s the problem, isn’t it? Everybody wants to “guess” that the bad actors are predominantly to be found among the people they don’t like; and even that their very presence constitutes a provocation.
    Nah.

I'm pretty sure the bad actors are distributed across the whole spectrum. It's all part of the show.

Thread Information