Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172
Results 711 to 720 of 720

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

  1. #711
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,588
    Jay Inslee has called it quits. Who's next? Woo Woo Williamson?

  2. #712
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,197
    Maybe the woman from CA who has to take a poll and consult with her donors to decide what she believes today. Maybe the old senile guy (oh wait he's the front runner). And then we have a billionaire who made his money on fossil fuels running on climate change because a Dem governor doing so was just never going to work but a billionaire with dirty money is so much better, and a guy handing out $1000 bills. Still though Trump is #1 in suckage if only because there would be a non-zero chance of something decent out of the rest, ha not even high, but non-zero.

    Inslee I like. Oh well, too serious or something and people don't want to vote on climate change, oh heck people probably don't want to think about climate change. I'll be gone, you'll be gone, maybe we'll be gone due to climate change, but hey gone is gone.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

  3. #713
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,819
    I did not like that Inslee wanted to mandate everyone use electric cars. Electricity in my area is very expensive and a significant portion of it is generated with fossil fuels. I think hybrids are a better idea because you can charge the batteries at the time of manufacture with green fuel, but he was a one size fits all guy.

  4. #714
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,819
    Maybe Bullock is next. Hickenlooper and Inslee were both governors. They seem to be more realistic about their chances.

  5. #715
    Senior Member Rogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,816
    Hickenlooper just announced his run for the senate. He will run against Cory Gardner (R), who is not in T's inner circle, but pretty much a tow the line Republican. He's quite popular here and probably has a very good chance of unseating Gardner. A better fit for him that POTUS. Andrew Yang seems to get some press about an increasing popularity Other than his guaranteed income for all, he didn't seem to have much to say during the debates. Like Inslee, I wonder if he is making a point rather than having high hopes. He may hold out a while longer, but I expect Bennett to be one of the next shoes to drop out.

  6. #716
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    My comment you're referencing had to do with the economy, not the environment, but even if I had meant environment I'm not sure what negative effects we've seen. I believe we're still ranked somewhere around 26th of 120 nations in eco-friendliness (with another 75 or so not counted). Don't quote me on that, I may be off by one or two points plus or minus, but still among the worlds most eco-friendly countries.
    I was a fed and upheld regulations. Those for the environment were there for a reason, as well as, those for workers and many others that trump has deregulated. Obviously, you don't believe in climate change. What I don't understand is... even if you don't believe ... why not err on the side of caution?

  7. #717
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,217
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    . Obviously, you don't believe in climate change.
    Obviously, you're wrong. I believe the climate has been in a continual state of flux since the formation of earth's atmosphere and will continue to be so forever more as the dominant causes are well outside the control of mere mortals. I also believe in Global Warming, which I believe to be one of the states of flux within climate change and may be subject to conditions necessary for the further evolution or devolution of humans. Maybe you and I could discuss both subjects rationally one day, without accusations or political blame. Are you interested?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  8. #718
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I was a fed and upheld regulations. Those for the environment were there for a reason, as well as, those for workers and many others that trump has deregulated. Obviously, you don't believe in climate change. What I don't understand is... even if you don't believe ... why not err on the side of caution?
    What I think you were actually trying to say is that Alan doesn't believe that humans pumping trillions of pounds of CO2 into the atmosphere has any effect on the climate on earth despite substantial scientific evidence to the contrary.

  9. #719
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,217
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    What I think you were actually trying to say is that Alan doesn't believe that humans pumping trillions of pounds of CO2 into the atmosphere has any effect on the climate on earth despite substantial scientific evidence to the contrary.
    Well that would be a silly claim for her to make. She may not know that Alan not only understands the effect greenhouse gasses have on the atmosphere, he's actually glad to see they're there since their absence would leave the entire earth in a perpetual state of deep freeze, and he hates being cold.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  10. #720
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Well that would be a silly claim for her to make. She may not know that Alan not only understands the effect greenhouse gasses have on the atmosphere, he's actually glad to see they're there since their absence would leave the entire earth in a perpetual state of deep freeze, and he hates being cold.
    Ok, I'll revise since I like to have things accurate. Alan believes and approves of the fossil fuel industry's bizarre ad campaign a few years ago. "Carbon dioxide. The breath of life." He's probably also super stoked that farmers in brazil are burning down the amazon at an, ahem, breathtaking rate, since it will mean more carbon dioxide to keep his part of the world warm.*

    *If things don't work out for you and we actually elect people who implement policies to slow human caused climate change I will send you one of the two wool sweaters I bought in Dublin 18 years ago. They are awesome. I get compliments every time I wear them. And I wouldn't want you to be chilly.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •