Page 37 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

Maybe it's because he's a home town boy, but it's too bad the media isn't giving Hickenlooper more air time. I have wondered how they choose how to divide their air time among the candidates, but they can sure affect the voting outcomes. Hickenlooper could use a little help from Mitt's hair stylist and he has a halting speech pattern that is less than commanding, but he was a well liked governor and mayor before that who got quite a bit done to make the state a better place to live. At least by most common accounts.

Back when they elected Calvin (AKA "Silent Cal") Coolidge and most of the promotions came from news paper, radio, and campaign tours, the selection process was probably different.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Back when they elected Calvin (AKA "Silent Cal") Coolidge and most of the promotions came from news paper, radio, and campaign tours, the selection process was probably different.
    One big difference in the selection process then versus now is that parties could choose their candidates without an open primary system that could allow outside forces to push for candidates who didn’t necessarily share the party’s philosophy. Look at Trump. Look at Sanders. He didn’t even pretend to be a Democrat.

Jeffrey Gundlach: We will likely see violence in the 2020 campaign. There will be more than just people heckling. There will be violence, maybe even riots.

Gundlach, the founder of DoubleLine Capital LP, was interviewed for the Swiss digital media, "themarket", publication date April 10, 2019.

In my view, the die is cast by both the left and right... each accusing the other of incitement to violence. This reminds me of the classic defense mechanism Projection … those aggressive impulses, they started it.

Item: Alex Jones on radio and Instagram has an estimated 2.7 million monthly listeners. 6/13/18 We have to start getting ready for insurrection and civil war because they (i.e.. Democrats?) are really pushing it.

Item: Fox Business personality Lou Dobbs referred to former Attorney General Eric Holder as an "illustrious thug". Holder was quoted as saying When they go low, we kick them. Was Holder appealing to Democrats to engage in physical violence? Have the faithful Dems responded by kicking anybody?

Item: Maxine Waters has called upon supporters to "push back".
    Last edited by dado potato; 4-11-19 at 7:44pm.

Promises, promises.

We have proceeded from the merely silly to the hysterical. I think outside social media, the views are much less unhinged.

I don't know that much about him but watched an interview with Ray Dalio on 60 Mintues. He also predicted impending violence or further ideological separation (based on history) because we don't have the will to unite our vision of the future.

I see Mayor Bill is announced now, giving hope to all us flown over rubes who yearn for the Gotham life with a bit of Sandinista zest.

I just frustrated some poor pollster. Told them I didn’t know who I was voting for, wouldn’t til I did my research. More, we have no tv and avoid all political ads til we do our own research. Poor thing, it was sad. They want me to endorse some rhetoric or the other and I won’t.

I am just amazed. I'm thinking of running. What the heck?

The more the Dems slice and dice their hopes to beat Trump into a thousand pieces, the more likely that all the DNCs horses and all the DNCs men will never be able to put Humpty Dumpty together again.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by NewGig View Post
    I just frustrated some poor pollster. Told them I didn’t know who I was voting for, wouldn’t til I did my research. More, we have no tv and avoid all political ads til we do our own research. Poor thing, it was sad. They want me to endorse some rhetoric or the other and I won’t.
    Next time I’m called, I’ve got a card that spells out “I support Trump” in phonetic Russian.

Thread Information