Page 148 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1641

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Were you a US Marshall or ATF Agent or Park Service Officer or Federal Protective Services Officer and commissioned as a Police Officer as they are? I believe it's some combination of those officers you referred to as goons earlier. Did you consider yourself a goon? I hope not as that's a rather unhealthy outlook.
    Look up the duties of these agents.... they are not trained for riots and protests. They are goons in the context they have now been put in. And, no .. I was not any of those. Also look above at what is considered to be a sworn agent. It is not at all like local police.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Look up the duties of these agents.... they are not trained for riots and protests. They are goons in the context they have now been put in. And, no .. I was not any of those. Also look above at what is considered to be a sworn agent. It is not at all like local police.
    The Scope and Organization of Federal Law Enforcement Agencies

According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, federal law enforcement agencies are organizational units of the federal government, and their principle functions include the prevention, detection, and investigation of crime, as well as the apprehension of alleged offenders.

https://www.federallawenforcement.or...d%20offenders.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

They are beating up innocent people. It’s been filmed many times. They are also not wearing identification so people don’t know who to complain about. My husband is ex military and thinks what’s occurring is horrible and he is a Republican.

According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, federal law enforcement agencies are organizational units of the federal government, and their principle functions include the prevention, detection, and investigation of crime, as well as the apprehension of alleged offenders.

I seem to have missed the part in that link where they talked about training for riots and protest. I also missed the part where they talk about not wearing their official uniforms or badges.

But it was a fascinating read. And one that must send a chill down the spines of anyone who believes the constitution prescribes a limited federal government.

“ More than 40 percent of all federal criminal provisions have been enacted since 1970. This means that dozens of offenses what were once considered state crimes now fall under federal jurisdiction.”

And now the mayor of Portland got tear gassed while talking to protestors. Besides the face that I have a hard time imagining him being anywhere near people who are rioting, which is the supposed justification for the unidentified federal goons, it also seems to make a mockery of the part in Alan’s article about working with local and state.

Maybe the Portland police department need to start arresting anyone acting like police but not wearing appropriate agency uniforms.

Well jp, maybe this will be a learning experience for liberals and states rights and limited Federal government will become a priority. I'll not count on it but one can hope.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Well jp, maybe this will be a learning experience for Democrats and states rights and limited Federal government will become a priority. I'll not count on it but one can hope.
    Off the top of my head "states' rights" were employed in the fifties to excuse Jim Crow laws and associated human rights violations. I remember federal troops (real troops, I recall, not ICE Rent-a-Brutes) guarding black children as they bravely entered newly desegregated schools. That's why many of us have a jaundiced opinion of them.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Off the top of my head "states' rights" were employed in the fifties to excuse Jim Crow laws and associated human rights violations. I remember federal troops (real troops, I recall, not ICE Rent-a-Brutes) guarding black children as they bravely entered newly desegregated schools. That's why many of us have a jaundiced opinion of them.
    So you like federal involvement when you like it and you don't when you don't? Makes it kinda hard to keep up doesn't it?

Those Democrats and their Jim Crow laws, it's a wonder that party can still exist in this environment isn't it?

Jim Crow laws were an abomination. Good for the Democrats for renouncing their racist roots.

I was in law enforcement. The above statement is correct. The apprehension by force is not necessary. Each state has a national guard unit if help is desired. There is no reason for the feds to get involved other than trump trying to be a dictator... ie Hitler wanna-be!

Mayor Lightfoot of Chicago says it well. "We do not welcome dictatorship. We do not welcome authoritarianism, and we do not welcome unconstitutional arrest and detainment of our residents. That is something I will not tolerate." BTW.. Lightfoot is a former federal prosecutor.

Thread Information