Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    keep the damn geds put of it.
    To my knowledge no one is proposing Federalizing the GED test.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    A lot about that bothers me, not the least being E.Warren is operating at the federal level and the last thing we need is the feds mandating more stuff that was formerly the realm of local government.

We have optional public school for 3 year olds here in my city. Not many parents take advantage of it. It is optional. It is a choice. Long live choice.keep the damn geds put of it.
    You know, I really think most Democrats don't want kids to have a damn bit of fun. They also are keen on destroying summer vacation and making kids go to school that whole time. INSANE!

And I say this as a liberal. Look, school is important. But you can very easily get too much of a good thing.

We don’t need federal preschool. Right now parents can pay for preschool and poor kids can go to headstart.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    To my knowledge no one is proposing Federalizing the GED test.
    haha ok, keep the damn feds out of the pre-k mandating world as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Right now parents can pay for preschool and poor kids can go to headstart.
    They should be raising their own dang kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    They should be raising their own dang kids!
    But what if the parents don't indoctrinate them early enough? You gotta get em while they're young.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    But what if the parents don't indoctrinate them early enough? You gotta get em while they're young.
    It is less ideological for me, but I agree. This is one of the reasons I don't think prayer belongs in schools. I don't think governments should indoctrinate kids like that.

For me the issue is more like: "Why have kids if you are going to outsource most of the parenting?"

Maybe we should just cancel public education entirely. People who think their kids need an education could buy it, or do it themselves. Surely part of parenting is educating one's kids. Some other countries do it that way. And as someone with no kids surely it would save me some money. And save everyone from that evil evil government indoctrination.

And some other countries only educate the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Maybe we should just cancel public education entirely.
    I think that would be an over-reaction, although I'm all in favor of getting the Federal government out of our local school districts. The indoctrination begins in primary schools but really hits it's stride on the college level. It will be interesting to see how the Oberlin College $44M judgement in compensatory and punitive damages will influence other schools, who are most certainly sitting up and taking notice of the future cost of unrestrained SJW advocacy.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information