Page 87 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

I don't agree with everything Warren proposes but some of the campaign promises are not going to fly. Sort of like when Trump said the first thing he would do in office is get rid of Obama Care. On a basic level I think it would be good to have a female president.

I wonder if hypothetically speaking Trump was removed from office, how the GOP would handle their primaries. And if the favored Democrat's favorites would shift.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Jean if I refuse to vote for Hillary or Elizabeth Warren does that make me one of those people who will look for any excuse not to vote for a woman?

I don’t know if Elizabeth Warren has charisma because I haven’t seen her in video that I can remember, but I think she has a young face I think she’s cute. It always surprises me that she’s as old as she is which is what in her 60s late 60s?
    She's an attractive woman, aside from being surpassingly smart. What amazes me, as an old gimp, is the footage of her sprinting through the halls of Congress or dancing in Pride parades, rocking a rainbow boa (rainbowa?). She was born in '49.

Moody’s created a presidential polling predictor. There’s three scenarios: economic outlook for the little guy, the stock market, and unemployment. They ran the predictor retroactively for all presidential campaigns and they hit every election win correctly except for the 2016 presidential election where the indicator showed Hillary won by a very narrow margin.

They ran their predictor program for 2020 election and it shows Trump wins by a landslide.

How about that stock market?! The Dow is up over 27,000 today.

Hillary did win, by a reasonable margin. They didn't factor in Russia. Or cheating.

It’s in my playbook that T announces a trade deal with China at a strategic time before elections. He is just Biden his time for the right moment. Assuming he’s still president then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post

I wonder if hypothetically speaking Trump was removed from office, how the GOP would handle their primaries. And if the favored Democrat's favorites would shift.
    If a president is successfully impeached, is he or she ineligible to run for the same office again?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    If a president is successfully impeached, is he or she ineligible to run for the same office again?
    I would assume the same. Then would Pence be the obvious fore runner or would there be a political scramble of opponents?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Hillary did win, by a reasonable margin. They didn't factor in Russia. Or cheating.
    People keep saying that, but it isn’t the case. She lost under the prevailing rules. You can blame Russian trolls, Bernie bros, the Electoral College, rogue county clerks or bad juju, but he won. He may be a bastard, but he’s not illegitimate.

Hillary did not win. Despite all the cognitive dissonance it created when she proved to be less than inevitable, she lost.

While it os true that under the bizarre rules we run our presidential elections that hillary lost, i took jane’s comment (and she can correct me if i’m wrong) to mean that hillary, despite hillary having what many would consider to be megative charisma) got millions more votes. Some, but surely not all, of the people who refused to vote for her will be willing to vote for Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    "Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law."

Thread Information