Page 13 of 165 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

Williamsmith
    By the end of next weekend, we should have a ton of new quotes about immigration from the already declared candidates and from some of the potentials. A perfect mid February entertainment spree......this pending partial government shutdown or emergency declaration promises to be a real barnburner.

Diverting some of the military budget to building the wall is something neither side will get behind. I see Hillary has weighed in with her expertise on emergency situations declaring the border crisis to be a prank or gimmick. Hillary knows a crisis when she gets awakened to one. Her Benghazi handling is a key component of her resume. And add to the places she hasn’t visited.....rural Pennsylvania, Ohio and Wisconsin......the southern border.

I cant wait to hear all the experts weigh in.

I was looking over the list of declared candidates today and realized that now that Elizabeth Warren has jumped into the fray, we're just one cowboy short of the Village People.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Williamsmith
    Here’s one of the Democrats current front runners laughing about how she threatened to prosecute truants parents and put them in jail. Tip to Kamala...don’t laugh while you are bragging about jailing poor minority parents ....the same ones you need to vote for you. “For The People!” Same prosecutor who refused to investigate aggressive bank foreclosures, OneWest and Steve Mnuchin.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I was looking over the list of declared candidates today and realized that now that Elizabeth Warren has jumped into the fray, we're just one cowboy short of the Village People.
    Haha!

Our former governor, John Hickenlooper, seems like his hat is in. And our senator, Mike Bennett. They are both being called centrists. I think that is what it is going to take to bring voters over from the right. Unfortunately it's the more radical or old school politicians that get the media attention so they are relative unknowns. I imagine some of the vast field is hoping for a VP or cabinet position if the dems get in.

Williamsmith
    It will be a long time before a “centrist” will win the Whitehouse ...from either side. As long as the anti-establishment pro-swamp voting block resides in the key electoral college states it will take some fringe speak to get noticed.

This whinging about "virtue signalling" just makes me laugh, as the right practically invented it. How could we forget "family values" and the "moral majority" not to mention the constant pearl-clutching over other people's abortions (post birth kids--who cares...) And all totally hypocritical, it turns out. I'll take Democratic virtue any day, and Democratic candidates, in all their varied splendor.

The Moral Majority was 30-40 years ago. And looking at the current landscape, they don’t seem to have made much of a lasting impression. I think it’s safe to stop worrying about them.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    The Moral Majority was 30-40 years ago. And looking at the current landscape, they don’t seem to have made much of a lasting impression. I think it’s safe to stop worrying about them.
    I wish you'd warned me that you were going to make a joke. I just snorted coffee all over my keyboard.

Williamsmith
    The Democratic National Committee just announced their theme song for the Convention......

Thread Information