Page 78 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 853

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

  1. #771
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Both rallies in my area were at college campuses although the older the voter the greater the turnout, so that seemed a poor move also on his part.
    Old folks arenít allowed on college campuses?

  2. #772
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,142
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Old folks arenít allowed on college campuses?
    It depends on what kind of frightening ideas they bring with them. If they make the students feel unsafe mob action may be necessary.

  3. #773
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    7,743
    Our college campus is so big that it involves a lot of walking which some older people may not be capable of. Plus if you donít know where you are going it can be hard to find your way around.

  4. #774
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    4,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Our college campus is so big that it involves a lot of walking which some older people may not be capable of. Plus if you don’t know where you are going it can be hard to find your way around.
    Ah, that makes sense since the poster had also noted that Team Beto couldn't tell them where there was parking.

  5. #775
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,912
    The Bernie rally I attended in 2016 was very poorly planned from standpoint of anyone with disability. We had to stand outside in very cold temps lining up for a couple of hours--I managed it, but with my respiratory disease was kind of a miracle. I realized at that point that anyone with disability was going to have problems attending political rallies.

    When I was disabled in a wheelchair, I learned how difficult it is to do things the way they are set up for the rest of the normally abled world.

    Not a fan of that kind of lack of planning on part of the organizers.

  6. #776
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10,674
    I just ran across this interesting anecdote--he's not number one on my list, but I have a lot of respect for him:

    https://www.liker.com/public/posts/4...EpnKJh2wJL4VHw

  7. #777
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    9,582
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I just ran across this interesting anecdote--he's not number one on my list, but I have a lot of respect for him:

    https://www.liker.com/public/posts/4...EpnKJh2wJL4VHw
    Wow. Anecdotes shouldn't be the basis for conclusions, but that's still a great anecdote. I didn't know he was so well-educated, but on top of that, so humble and compassionate. What a refreshing change from our current leader.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

  8. #778
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10,674
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Wow. Anecdotes shouldn't be the basis for conclusions, but that's still a great anecdote. I didn't know he was so well-educated, but on top of that, so humble and compassionate. What a refreshing change from our current leader.
    I knew he was a Rhodes Scholar--he and Rachel Maddow were talking about the delicacy of coming out before or during studies abroad--and I'd heard about his languages. He must be really gifted--I found out in a hurry that Arabic wasn't something you just picked up in a classroom--he speaks seven or so. And he's pretty young!

    Cory Booker's pulled off some pretty good community capers, as well. We have a good crop this time. They're all (even the lackluster Biden) a refreshing change from our current abomination, er administration.

  9. #779
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,142
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I knew he was a Rhodes Scholar--he and Rachel Maddow were talking about the delicacy of coming out before or during studies abroad--and I'd heard about his languages. He must be really gifted--I found out in a hurry that Arabic wasn't something you just picked up in a classroom--he speaks seven or so. And he's pretty young!

    Cory Booker's pulled off some pretty good community capers, as well. We have a good crop this time. They're all (even the lackluster Biden) a refreshing change from our current abomination, er administration.
    I would say you have about an 90% chance of getting your wish, especially if the eagerly anticipated recession arrives in a timely fashion.

    Then the new president will need to contend with global competition, the Senate, the courts, arithmetic and sniping from a left wing that will sneer at him or her as ďRepublican liteĒ for not arranging the appropriate miracles.

    As the man said, as idealism approaches reality the costs become prohibitive.

  10. #780
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10,674
    The new president will also have to deal with the nightmare of reversing all the damage Trump has wrought with his slash and burn approach to governing and to mend fences with all the countries we've betrayed during his reign.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •