Page 53 of 165 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I will vote for Buttelieg if he does indeed secure the Democratic Nomination. Not only is he an out gay man living proudly - which in and of itself is nothing short of historic for an American Presidential Candidate - but he's a Democrat and this country sorely needs someone who knows how to behave and not alienate allies and trading partners. Also we need someone capable of being humane with the crisis at the borders, and our only hope for police reform to spare innocent American lives from death or physical harm is with a Democrat. Buttelieg has my vote - if he indeed secures the nomination. I'm also down with Warren and Castro but Biden? I just can't see him as an effective President any more than I could Al Gore......something's missing for me with Biden as a candidate. Rob

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I will vote for Buttelieg if he does indeed secure the Democratic Nomination. Not only is he an out gay man living proudly - which in and of itself is nothing short of historic for an American Presidential Candidate - but he's a Democrat and this country sorely needs someone who knows how to behave and not alienate allies and trading partners. Also we need someone capable of being humane with the crisis at the borders, and our only hope for police reform to spare innocent American lives from death or physical harm is with a Democrat. Buttelieg has my vote - if he indeed secures the nomination. I'm also down with Warren and Castro but Biden? I just can't see him as an effective President any more than I could Al Gore......something's missing for me with Biden as a candidate. Rob
    Seems like you are not that down with Buttigieg since you cannot even spell his name correctly.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Seems like you are not that down with Buttigieg since you cannot even spell his name correctly.
    For some reason I've had trouble with spelling his name ever since he rose to any prominence whatsoever......sorry. Rob

For some reason I've had trouble with spelling his name ever since he rose to any prominence whatsoever......sorry. Rob
    I know! That gai guy Peat's name is shur hard to spell
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Hard to spell, but easy to say: "Booty judge."
    Also: My dream job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Hard to spell, but easy to say: "Booty judge."
    I can't determine if it's pronounced "booty judge" or "boot edge edge". I seem to hear it both ways.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    come now, it is a hard name to spell and to pronounce as well, apparently. We knew who Rob meant.

I thought he stood out in the debates. I could care less about sexual orientation. It is not relevant IMO.

At his rally they were passing these out.
    pete.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    We knew who Rob meant.
    "The gay guy".

Identity politics.

Thread Information