Page 120 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1263

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post

But Bernie is an anomaly. If bae's idea came to fruition, the Millennials would probably put him in the Boomer Protection Program.
    The Baby Boomers are reckoned to begin in 1946. Bernie was born in 1941, three months before Pearl Harbor and the entrance of the USA into WWII. Which would place him in the "Silent Generation", a member of the "Lucky Few".

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    The Baby Boomers are reckoned to begin in 1946. Bernie was born in 1941, three months before Pearl Harbor and the entrance of the USA into WWII. Which would place him in the "Silent Generation", a member of the "Lucky Few".
    So he's grandfathered in. Literally.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    So he's grandfathered in. Literally.
    Point: catherine!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I’m glad Bloomberg is done. His ads have been nearly wall to wall on radio and TV here in the Chicago area.
    bloomberg.jpg

The Millennials don't need to shoot anyone, they just need to get their voter participation rates up to or above those of older voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    The Millennials don't need to shoot anyone, they just need to get their voter participation rates up to or above those of older voters.
    That are the single largest population group in the U.S. at present, so yes, they already have the numbers. They are inheriting a near hopeless situation.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    That are the single largest population group in the U.S. at present, so yes, they already have the numbers. They are inheriting a near hopeless situation.
    I grew up doing duck-and-cover drills, with air raid sirens, and fallout shelters.

Hopeless.... Hmmmph.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    They are inheriting a near hopeless situation.
    How so? I might describe places like South Sudan or Somalia as “near hopeless”, but why do you think the US is in such dire straits?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I grew up doing duck-and-cover drills, with air raid sirens, and fallout shelters.

Hopeless.... Hmmmph.
    As a young adult of barely house buying age, I saw real estate double in price and beyond me in the bubble of the 70’s.

when I did finally buy a house I paid 11% on my mortgage. I looked at houses where, to assume the loan, the interest-rate was 14%.

Unemployment was high and I was released into the job market when it was higher than in our most recent recession of 2008.

The threat of nuclear war was a real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    As a young adult of barely house buying age, I saw real estate double in price and beyond me in the bubble of the 70’s.

when I did finally buy a house I paid 11% on my mortgage. I looked at houses where, to assume the loan, the interest-rate was 14%.

Unemployment was high and I was released into the job market when it was higher than in our most recent recession of 2008.

The threat of nuclear war was a real thing.
    On the plus side, the music was way better.

Thread Information