Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Down Ballot

Yppej

Down Ballot

Are you following state and local races?

Last night I watched an uninspiring debate between Joe but I'm young and I'm a Kennedy and I fumble along in broken Spanish vs I won't answer your questions if I don't feel like it because I have the endorsements Ed Markey. What a contrast with our senior senator Elizabeth Warren.

Kennedy, who repeatedly dry coughed, criticized Markey for spending too much time at home. Hmm.

I’m afraid to ask which generation this Kennedy is.

The main reason that I’m going to the poll in August for our primary is our city attorney race. The person in office is very very bad. Very bad. I will vote for her opponent even though rumor mill says she’s kind of a weak candidate.

The rest of the races I dont care about, I may not even mark the ballot. It’s a democratic ballot they will hand me because I have to use that to vote for the city attorney’s opponent.

Yeah, I want to get rid of Kim Foxx as Cook County state’s attorney (prosecutor). I even pulled a Democratic ballot in the primary to vote against her opponent, but she still won.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Yeah, I want to get rid of Kim Foxx as Cook County state’s attorney (prosecutor). I even pulled a Democratic ballot in the primary to vote against her opponent, but she still won.
    Our girl is named “Kim” too, Kim Gardener. She is in all out war with our police department. That makes for effective law enforcement. Not.

Yppej
    For the first time a Kennedy lost in his or her home state (NY not being Bobby Kennedy's home state). All the ads with his famed dead relatives were not enough for Joe. Ed Markey, with his endorsements from AOC, Elizabeth Warren, and the Globe turned out the youth paper ballot vote.

Kim Foxx’ conduct in the Jussie Smollett case has is apparently going to be reviewed by a board from the IL state professional licensing agency. The special prosecutor said she didn’t do anything criminal, but her conduct was highly unprofessional. We’ll see what happens, but there is speculation that one result might be her license to practice law might be revoked. She’s still the front runner even with all this.

Iris, she’s another of the ones who is being criticized for not having come down practically hard on the looters and rioters.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    For the first time a Kennedy lost in his or her home state (NY not being Bobby Kennedy's home state). All the ads with his famed dead relatives were not enough for Joe. Ed Markey, with his endorsements from AOC, Elizabeth Warren, and the Globe turned out the youth paper ballot vote.
    I am glad the reign of the Kennedys is on the wane.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am glad the reign of the Kennedys is on the wane.
    A few more years and voters will be saying "Kennedy who?" Camelot is over, if it ever was. The Kennedy's have such an interesting history that only proves there is no such thing as pure good or bad. The soil that fertilized the Kennedy idealism and optimism was rife with crime and evil. The best crops grow from cow sh*t I guess.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I always follow the state and local races. We are voting by mail.

Us, too, Terry.

Thread Information