Page 68 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

it's time for the party which promotes those divisions to give it up.
    Which is both.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    It's been my strictly non-scientific yet seemingly obvious observation that Democratic politics revolves around victims and victimization. It's necessary to convince every potential voter that they are a victim of something bigger than them, and those who do not feel particularly victimized have been conditioned to think of themselves and others like them as victimizers who must pay for their sins by apologizing for their transgressions, real and imagined. Keeping the cycle churning requires a fair amount of misrepresentation and outright lying.
    Trump is always claiming to be a victim. He is the worst one !!!! Poor, poor Donald ... he is being picked on. Pssssttt

I think you're right. I like to keep up with Democratic talking points by checking in with MSNBC each morning. Today they're talking up both racism and recession in a hopeful manner.
    Racism IS being displayed and a recession is likely. Hope it knocks Trump on his a$$!

I think you're right. I like to keep up with Democratic talking points by checking in with MSNBC each morning. Today they're talking up both racism and recession in a hopeful manner.
    Damn that stock market. Today it didnt plunge like it has been doing on previous Mondays. Can’t we get us some recession around here?

Remember how we conservatives are always chastised for voting against our best interests? It would seem to me that salivating over the idea of a recession fits that bill.

Me, I took my Trump bump money a few weeks ago and bought a shiny red car.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Damn that stock market. Today it didnt plunge like it has been doing on previous Mondays. Can’t we get us some recession around here?

Remember how we conservatives are always chastised for voting against our best interests? It would seem to me that salivating over the idea of a recession fits that bill.
    Examples abound.....

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Racism IS being displayed and a recession is likely. Hope it knocks Trump on his a$$!
    See, weird huh?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Me, I took my Trump bump money a few weeks ago and bought a shiny red car.
    Congratulations!

Me, I used some of my Trump bump money to buy a $30K travel trailer and a $47K truck to tow it with, and my retirement account balances are still larger than when I stopped contributing to them last year.

Better for us to enjoy our gains before the opposition has the opportunity to will or legislate them away.
    Last edited by Alan; 8-19-19 at 6:59pm.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I just started a job in Illinois. So please, no recessions for a couple more years.

I have said even when I was heading for unemployment that I'd take a recession and being unemployed (again) if it meant Trump would be gone. And I hate that, a bunch of suffering, what an economy we have eh. But he's just that bad. And yes it does indeed matter who replaces Trump, but it's just hopeless with him in there.
    Trees don't grow on money

I think it’s odd that we assign so much blame and credit to incumbent presidents for the state of the economy. It has a sort of cargo cult flavor to it.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think it’s odd that we assign so much blame and credit to incumbent presidents for the state of the economy. It has a sort of cargo cult flavor to it.
    I generally agree with that except for cases where the regulatory environment has been changed enough to have an either positive or negative effect. I think that if the 2016 election has gone the other way the effect would have been negative.

Thread Information