Page 102 of 165 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1641

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I'd forgotten about those things, although they seem far less significant than making arms deals in order to dig up dirt on a political opponent.
    Oh, I don't know about that, Bloomberg has a tendency to legislate whatever he thinks is good for us and I'm a big C.S. Lewis fan.
    "Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I hear Warren and Sanders are pretty exercised over Bloomberg and Bezos speaking on the phone. Just think how outraged they’d be if they had lunch.

I'm finding fascinating today to watch the lower-tier candidates attacking Mayor Pete as "unqualified to be up here" due to his gender.

I wonder which of the front-runners coordinated this?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I hear Warren and Sanders are pretty exercised over Bloomberg and Bezos speaking on the phone. Just think how outraged they’d be if they had lunch.
    I've had breakfast, lunch, and dinner with Bezos dozens of times. He's not much of a conversationalist.

I'm glad that book-selling thing worked out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I've had breakfast, lunch, and dinner with Bezos dozens of times. He's not much of a conversationalist.

I'm glad that book-selling thing worked out for him.
    Didn't Amazon lose money for something like a dozen years? I used his website regularly for library business decades ago because he was first to the market with good online data sbout books. He offered product details, and later, reviews. I believe he started out with books because they (theoretically) had an existing product number in the ISBN, and they were easy to wrap and ship—no breakage.

Yppej
    I heard Steve Bullock tonight. His basic message was I am electable because I come from a rural state. He got mostly softball questions, though one man noted, "Senator Tester looks like a farmer. You look like a lawyer." One I thought easy question was what path he has to the nomination, but he was vague.

He did not impress me. I and one other person asked him specific policy questions and he could not answer them. He said people don't vote on foreign policy and appeared to have spent a Sarah Palinesque amount of time familiarizing himself with it. Well some people vote on it, which is why Gabbard is ahead of him in the polls.

He was unfamiliar with Codepink although they have been in the news recently with Jane Fonda's arrests protesting inaction on climate change.

Driving home through New Hampshire I saw one campaign sign up, for Andrew Yang.

Bullock has even less of a chance than the Woo Woo lady. I’d consider myself pretty well informed about the current crop of candidates but i had to go wikipedia this guy to find out who he was. I’ve at least heard of the Woo Woo lady with the alliterative nickname.

Yppej
    There were probably 50 people there, whereas I heard Sestak had an event recently and only one person showed up. I haven't seen him myself.

Our hometown boy, Mike Bennett, is still hanging in even though he's not qualified for the debates since early on. He's a moderate and from my view is a good politician but his shortcoming is that he lacks charisma. I guess with modern media the likes of "Silent Cal" Coolidge will never be elected. His claim for hanging on is that the upper tiers don't have a clear leader yet and that the country needs a moderate.

I see that the filing deadline for the New Hampshire primary is Friday. Is that the practical limit for new entrants, or are more thrilling surprises in store? I heard Hillary is still playing it coy, but that may just be to promote interest in her book.

Thread Information