Page 17 of 165 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I’ve been wanting to ask this question for a while...genuinely curious.

For the left-leaning folks, how do you rank your candidates? It is gender first, then race, then sexual identity? Does a black woman out rank a gay guy?
    None of these, I go for the issues...…….and I really like Joe Biden, always have, but wonder if he may be too old to run? Or is that a valid concern?

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenngal View Post
    None of these, I go for the issues...…….and I really like Joe Biden, always have, but wonder if he may be too old to run? Or is that a valid concern?
    Age is only a valid concern if you really think a person is just too old.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenngal View Post
    I think it's valid--hasn't he run several times in the past?

I'm very pleased so far with the candidates we have. I have the same concerns about Warren and Sanders. It's time, I think for a whole new generation of progressives.

I suppose it’s fair to call a poll fake news. That seems to be in fashion these days. I appreciate your posts WS because they remind me that mine isnt the only bubble that exists.

At the end of the day i still find it hard to believe that trump will do as well as ge did in 2016. He’s not done anything to try to expand his base. And with only 46% of voters voting for him then he doesnt have room to lose any voters. If 2018’s results are to be believed it appears that he’s definitely lost a sizable chunk of them. There simply arent enough old or uneducated white dudes in the country for him to win the day in 2020.

Warren is 69; Biden is 76; Sanders is 77. Trump is 72.

For those who talk about 'too old', just what is your cut off? At what age do you think politicians should be put out to pasture?

If you feel that way, then obviously, don't vote for that person who is older than you think she or he should be, and the primary process will straighten it all out.

And I guess the corollary is, what do think is "too young" for the job? Is there such a thing if you believe that some people are too old to hold the job--what is the allowable range for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I’m going to list the most likely Democratic Presidential Nominees as of today in order of probability that they will become the nominee. And can anyone explain why any of them would appeal to a broad enough base to actually challenge Trump? Assume Trump retains his astounding Rasmussen popularity numbers.

Beto O'Rourke
    Kamala Harris
    Joe Biden
    Elizabeth Warren
    Bernie Sanders
    Amy Klobuchar
    Tulsi Gabbard
    Kirsten Gillibrand
    Cory Booker
    Hillary Clinton
    Oprah Winfrey
    Michelle Obama
    Julian Castro
    Tom Wolf
    Andrew Cuomo
    Tom Steyer
    Joe Kennedy III
    If anyone on that list runs against Trump, I will
    vote third party again. How do you make an intelligent choice between disaster and catastrophe?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Warren is 69; Biden is 76; Sanders is 77. Trump is 72.

For those who talk about 'too old', just what is your cut off? At what age do you think politicians should be put out to pasture?

If you feel that way, then obviously, don't vote for that person who is older than you think she or he should be, and the primary process will straighten it all out.

And I guess the corollary is, what do think is "too young" for the job? Is there such a thing if you believe that some people are too old to hold the job--what is the allowable range for you?
    I think Reagan and Trump who governed in their dotage illustrate the concerns people have. I would vote for any of the Democrats mentioned if they were nominated, but I'd prefer a younger person, considering they would be looking at a potential 8-year run.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    If anyone on that list runs against Trump, I will
    vote third party again. How do you make an intelligent choice between disaster and catastrophe?
    There are two people on that list I might be able to vote for.

Tulsi Gabbard.......if She would register Independent

Tom Wolf............because Pennsylvanians have put up with him long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I think Reagan and Trump who governed in their dotage illustrate the concerns people have. I would vote for any of the Democrats mentioned if they were nominated, but I'd prefer a younger person, considering they would be looking at a potential 8-year run.
    If any of those candidates served two terms, they'd be about RBG's age.

I was actually think of a ticket with Sanders at the top and someone like Beto or Gabbard (a Bernie protege) as veep.

With the sad fact that if he were to pass away (presumably the fear with someone of that age) there is someone young to take his place.
    Maybe it would feel more balanced by age and be more palatable to voters?

Thread Information