Page 51 of 138 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Presidential Candidates

Voting for Trump after what we know now, is unfathomable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Sure. But strong economics benefit a lots of people, not just me.
    And evil and ineptitude hurt a lot of people.

Sure. But strong economics benefit a lots of people, not just me.
    True. It benefits you and me and everyone wealthy enough to own stocks. So, yeah, the 20% that own 93% of the stock market do well.

http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...054#post329054

Markets have been up and down throughout history. As I noted above, Democrats seem to be better stewards of communal wealth than Republicans, FWIW.

I don't own securities now; I may again. But I've never voted for anyone along economic lines, and I'm sure I never will. It would be just a guessing game anyway. Human rights, the environment, and the Constitution/rule of law are among the issues I'm concerned with. I believe if these are dealt with, economics will follow along.

Bills paid? Check. Saving account? Check. Basic needs met? Check. That's the extent of my pecuniary interest, and it's served me well all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    And evil and ineptitude hurt a lot of people.
    The (apparent) ineptitude in the White House is very worrisome to me. The “evil” not so much.

So let’s see, if I vote my pocketbook I am selfish and non-empathetic. But yet when I vote against my own best interest I’m considered stupid.

It is really hard to figure out what you people want from me.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Markets have been up and down throughout history. As I noted above, Democrats seem to be better stewards of communal wealth than Republicans, FWIW.

I don't own securities now; I may again. But I've never voted for anyone along economic lines, and I'm sure I never will. It would be just a guessing game anyway. Human rights, the environment, and the Constitution/rule of law are among the issues I'm concerned with. I believe if these are dealt with, economics will follow along.

Bills paid? Check. Saving account? Check. Basic needs met? Check. That's the extent of my pecuniary interest, and it's served me well all these years.
    You have no money in the stock market? At all?

You have no money in the stock market? At all?
    None. I keep meaning to move savings into a money market account...

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    True. It benefits you and me and everyone wealthy enough to own stocks.
    I live by investing. I'm pretty good at it. Trump has made it very difficult to engage in the sort of boring long-term capital management I do, because he can move the markets hugely with a single mid-night tweet, and then move them back again two days later with yet another tweet.

It is chaotic.

Which isn't actually all that good for "the market".

I now live mostly on savings in my retirement accounts. I've experienced approximately 15% annual growth, not counting contributions, in those accounts since November 2016 so my little chunk of the market has been doing pretty well.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I live by investing. I'm pretty good at it. Trump has made it very difficult to engage in the sort of boring long-term capital management I do, because he can move the markets hugely with a single mid-night tweet, and then move them back again two days later with yet another tweet.

It is chaotic.

Well I will say that the stock market is irrational and everyone knows that, and then to tie itself to irrational tweeting is even more irrational. What can I say eXcept my investments are up. I think it will go down and I think they will go down slowly and I think they will stay down. For a while. I don’t know when that will happen. But many businesses like the regulatory environment right now.

Thread Information