Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big old dogs

So as if Noki isn’t enough something is wrong with Mandy. We have a vet appointment on Thursday. She is restless, pacing, excessively licking and making moaning and groaning sounds. She has gotten very vocal and lost 2 lbs. In the meantime I have some pain medication I am giving her. I am worried she has cancer. She is my husband’s heart dog.

Oh, this is too bad! Poor little doggy.

Terry, I am so sorry! I know what you mean about heart dog--I lost mine this past year, and it still hurts a lot.

That is so hard, I'm sorry. My heart dog was a huge 120 lbs. His back basically exploded when they did the x-rays they point out he'd broken his back several times previously and it healed over. He was only 7 when we had to say good-bye. I still miss him the most of all my dogs.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Of the nearly 50 dogs through our house since 1993, I have had 3 heart dogs, and my current bulldog is one of them. He is such a momma’s boy.

edited to correct the number of dogs.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 2-16-19 at 3:51pm.

So Mandy has kidney disease. She lost another pound which total loss is a third of her body weight. She can be on a special kidney diet. She has pain so put on gabapentin which is helping. Good thing I have 2 young ones.

We let Noki go on Tuesday at home. It was double the price but worth it. He laid in his bed and ate treats while getting his shots. We so miss our old bud.

So sorry that you are going through all this.

The part, for me, that counterbalances one's sorrow is knowing, reminding and remembering all the love and joy that one has shared with these dear 4-legged members of our family during their time with us.

I am so, so sorry, Terry.
    You were able to give her a comforting, peaceful departure.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I'm sorry for your loss Terry. We had our last cat euthanasia at home and it was some of the best money we ever spent. It was the most peaceful send-off we had of the four cats that have departed from our lives. It still isn't easy though.

Thread Information