Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Big old dogs

All the dogs have brought us so much joy and happiness. Having never had a big dog before it was such a different experience from the little ones. We did things with Noki that the little ones can’t do.

So sorry to hear about the end of Noki.

Noki did some unique cute little things. If you were sitting on the toilet he would walk up and rub your nose with his. He never licked. If he really liked someone he would wrap his body around your legs while leaning into you. He didn’t bark but howled. He would always get between me and a stranger when I took him walking off leash until he checked them out.

Big vs little dogs: I like the portability of little dogs, you can pick them up and ferry them around easily. Our best travel companion was our Frenchie because she was well behaved as well as being small. Not a barker. Safe to leave crated in a hotel room.

But with my type of dogs with pushed in faces, here is what I learned : the little dogs are more problematic with temperature control than the big dogs. With our big bulldogs they can ride around in the car in 30 to 75 F degree Weather. We just recently took T. Bear to Iowa and he spent most of thst time in our car. He cannot stay alone in a motel room because he barks.

This temperature would have been too cold for a Frenchie, their trmperature range is more narrow, more like 55 to 75. They cant take warmer weather due to their brachiechepalic heads.

Small dogs with long snouts arent so limited in warmish weather.

That’s interesting IL. Noki couldn’t be left in the car if it was the least bit warm because his fur was so thick. We just carry our Maltese and all are good in public. They just sit in our laps and don’t make a sound.

Thread Information