Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My cousin was just killed by his SIL

So sorry!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

So sorry.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Gosh, so shocking! I'm so sorry this has happened to your family, Zoegirl. I hope your cousin's wife will be ok.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thank you all, I had a great meditation group the evening I found out and some extra time with my teacher when I drove her back home (buddhist nun who does not drive). My department is being great and we have Monday off of work. I think my impact will be even more pissed off attitude towards gun issues in this country. When I googled aurora, shooting and our last name the Aurora theater shooting came up since my daughter was an employee at the theater and there that night. I think that pretty soon we will all be affected in some way by gun violence. I have very little idea of what the answer is, it seems like a problem with many roots and causes, but the violence has a great effect on families, communities, etc.

I am primarily concerned about the family. My aunt has dementia and does not understand he is dead yet. His wife has had multiple cancer treatments and works as an educational para part time. Her parents live with them, basically the other side of the duplex. The trauma in that house has got to be immense.

Oh, ZG - how awful. Thinking of you and your family.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I'm so sorry ZoeGirl :-(

Horrifying!

Yppej
    My sympathies.

I'm so very sorry, ZoeGirl. My heart goes out to you and your family.

I am so sorry. My sympathies to you and your family.

Thread Information