Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Living Artificially

Yppej
    Universal healthcare for citizens first. Pay for it by removing non-citizens from Medicaid, SNAP, and other government programs. Then if you have extra money you can add them back on.

So green card holders can just die if they get a serious illness?

Yppej
    They can get healthcare in their country of origin. I don't go to Cambodia, not even apply for residency because I'm not sure I like the country enough, and expect the Cambodians to fund nonstop medical procedures for myself and my signifcant other. The guy is 60 and not working or paying taxes but I will be lucky if I can retire at 70 because I will have to buy Medigap, I don't get everything for free off another country.

I know when people come on a green card the person sponsoring them has to sign a form saying they won’t receive government aid for 10 years. Every country has rules for immigrants.

Yppej
    As I have explained before, people with green cards and other non-citizens are still allowed to receive numerous government benefits provided the supposed majority of their support aka housing is not government provided. This is different than in years past. When my mother became a citizen she had to sign she would never take one penny of government assistance. And she never has. This is what Trump has talked about getting back to.

Think about the heyday of American immigration from the nineteenth through the early twentieth century. Immigrants got no government assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Think about the heyday of American immigration from the nineteenth through the early twentieth century. Immigrants got no government assistance.
    Neither did natural-born citizens for the most part until the New Deal and beyond.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Even tourists in countries with universal health care get free--or nearly free--coverage if they're injured or fall ill, from what I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Even tourists in countries with universal health care get free--or nearly free--coverage if they're injured or fall ill, from what I've read.
    Only in life threatening situations. If they can patch you up and get you in a plane, they do that. And if you are in any of the formerly Eastern Block countries you had better have many hundreds/few thousand American dollars to pass around to your caretakers.

Medicare for all would help with all this immigrant envy. Plus the government wastes so much money all the time yet people focus on small potatoes to get their panties in a twist.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Medicare for all would help with all this immigrant envy. Plus the government wastes so much money all the time yet people focus on small potatoes to get their panties in a twist.
    I still have the immigrant envy. Now Mr. Just Off the Boat who has never paid a penny in taxes is applying for SSI because of his bad heart. I know several disabled US citizens who cannot get approved.

Thread Information