Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Living Artificially

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I reported my crooked ex-lawyer to the IRS Whistleblower's office and they did not do anything.

Years ago I reported an illegal immigrant to what was then INS and they did not do anything.
    But you can only do your part, you don’t have control over the whole metting out of justice.

I am annoyed by my neighbors who don’t report petty crimes on their property because they say oh the cops won’t do anything anyway and I tell them it is not about your particular crime being solved, it is about building a pattern for a case.It is about charting crimes in our neighborhood for more police coverage. Our overall participation in crime reporting helps our neighborhood.

And like sweetana says, if the report is non specific, there isnt much they can do. But you, jeppy, may not have clearly factual info, so I agree that it may be a waste of your time. You know Your coworker is doing something nefarious but you don’t have concrete facts about it.

Yppej
    Now they are getting free government phones for every member of the family, but they were rejected for Food Stamps until they have been here 5 years.

Poor people have qualified for reduced-price or free phones for decades now, as phone access is necessary for jobs, emergency services, etc.

Yppej
    I have lived without a phone. It is possible.

Dangerous to live without a phone.

Yppej
    I live in the city, not some remote area, which is also the case with the folks I am talking about. Also these people are able bodied but have no intention of learning English or looking for a job, so they do not need a phone for that. The daughter who works has a phone she pays for currently, but would like to ditch it and get one for free that we the taxpayers cover.

Meanwhile while they continue to go for continuous medical procedures for free my citizen dental hygienist tells me how she and her unemployed husband struggle to pay $1400.00 a month in medical premiums and he is reluctant to go to the doctor because of the high out of pocket costs.
    Last edited by Yppej; 4-4-19 at 5:55am.

Thread Information