Thread: seamstress for bra fitting

seamstress for bra fitting

So after a year or more of thinking I was going to figure out how to alter my bras (and actually get it done) I emailed a seamstress. I only have one bra that is actually the correct size now, maybe a sports bra also. Today one that has been good enough for a long time started to slip up, that is really uncomfortable. I had to go home on my break and change,

Yppej
    Now that it is winter I pile on a bunch of layers including a tight fitting camisole to hold me in place and go braless most days. But come spring I will have to figure something else out. The unnatural attempt to fight gravity that a bra represents is getting harder and harder to bear. I will be interested to see how you make out.

I found a curvy bralette which looks very good, and is $65. I want to move away from underwire, but there is nothing but sports bras in my size. Not the most important thing in the world but also without support I can't run or move very fast.

There are professional bra fitters out there. Have you checked out any of the top 3 in Denver? I found their contact info on Yelp Denver. I would think they would know a lot more than a seamstress. Even if you dont immediately buy a bra, they would have good info for you.

I did see them, price is really high. I just need the band smaller really

Playtex bras have some great support models with no underwire. They are about 18 dollars at Walmart. Or you can buy them online. Why not just try a smaller size of one of their models first, and see if it works for you? Then you would only be out 18 dollars, and if you continue to lose weight, you can buy smaller sizes.

I buy Wacoal bras. Not cheap at $65 each, but they hold up the girls well.

I just looked up the playtex bra and it is not made in my size, sigh. But I did see some sites that had bras not too bad. I will compare to having the seamstress just bring in the band size. I also have one bralette that I can alter myself

Wow I just kept searching and found possibly one bralette style (no underwire) in Denver area! for $35, I just need to drive 20 miles LOL

There are lots of exercise clothes on sale now (thanks to New Years resolution fever) including sports bras. And sports bras are definitely cuter now with lots of colors and that criss-cross shape in the back. I just got one on sale for $15 at Target yesterday. It might not be your preferred style but it's worth checking out.

Thread Information