Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thrift store donations up after KonMari show

Thrift store donations up after KonMari show

Yeah!! I think this is a good thing both for the de-clutterer and those of us who shop at thrift stores:
    https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/tid...nations-266349

I am glad they are benefiting from this. Maybe I have been simple and low clutter for so long that I don't really appreciate this, but I have some things that do not spark joy that I am keeping. I am going to keep the tampons and midol! hahaha,

Meanwhile I got sheets to make into a new duvet cover and a couple pairs of jeans for grandbaby

Even though we haven’t bought much of anything for a long time I still find stuff for the thrift stores. Probably at least once a month I make a trip. I have downsized our linens and towels a lot. We have 3 beds and only need 2 sets of sheets for each bed. My friends thought that wasn’t enough. I didn’t want to go down to one set since last year when I had the flu for 2 weeks I wasn’t doing laundry. I also downsized the kitchen towels, etc when they all wouldn’t fit into a big deep drawer.

Just yesterday my sister was super excited that she got two grocery bags worth of practically new name brand pants at a thrift store for $41. I wish I needed new clothes.

I'm trying to stay out of thrift stores and this is killing me!

Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post
    I'm trying to stay out of thrift stores and this is killing me!
    I feel your pain.
    I'm putting together another donation, and I might not be able to contain myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    We have 3 beds and only need 2 sets of sheets for each bed. My friends thought that wasn’t enough.
    How many sets of sheets do your friends have?? I've gone through the same thoughts as you--one set per bed is really fine, unless you forget to do laundry or can't do it. So I also have a spare set per bed, but I can't for the life of me imagine why I would need more.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I used to have 4 sets per bed so I imagine they have that many.

I've never owned more than 2 sets of sheets per bed. A winter flannel set and a summer cotton set. Now that we live in a place where it's fall/spring all year long we only need one. Honestly it had never occurred to me that I might want or need more.

I am going to go up and count sheets and see if I have more than two pairs per bed, or per bed that we will have in the new house. If so, out they will go.

Thread Information