Thread: washed my hair with baking soda

washed my hair with baking soda

and it seems to have worked well. It does 2 things, helps possibly with hair growth and has an impact on how many chemicals are going through the environment based on my purchasing. I want to do a rosemary infusion as a rinse next, I have done that before and it smells so good.

I've tried baking soda with a wee bit of shampoo. I use cider vinegar rinse. I may try the baking soda and rosemary rinse for better smells. Straight baking soda seemed to leave an unwashed hair smell after a few times, but maybe the rosemary will mitigate that.

I did that for a while some years ago until I started highlighting my hair. It worked OK and felt very clean and soft.

Now I use a Liggett's shampoo bar and still do the diluted vinegar rinse afterwards. This worked well for a while but lately I seem to have a buildup in my hair and it never feels totally clean. Just bought a clarifying shampoo to use bi-weekly and it makes a huge difference.

I used the baking soda, couple drops of tea tree oil in warm water recipe. I should make up a new batch - thanks for the reminder!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information