Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Who here.....

has donated plasma before? Just curious. Put my name proudly on the list as yes, I've donated and way more than once in my life. Donating plasma is not going to make you rich but it did fill in some gaps when I was much worse off. I found it safe and not especially unpleasant though the office staff did move slower then molasses getting donators back to the machines to donate. It's a great situation in which to make a few extra dollars and catch up on reading, which is how I handled the length of time it took to get in and out. Rob

Never

Nope. Plus it's 40 minutes away. Not worth it.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I did not realize they pumped your blood out and separated it and then pumped it back in. I'd be very worried about contamination and something happening after they did that--I tend to be really hyperreactive to things like vaccines, so I try to limit exposure to things my body can react to.

Not me. Just whole blood and with my compliments for free.

I hope I never see the day when I need to sell any of my bodily fluids.

I Sold it, never donated it. It provided my beer and cigarette money in grad school. Still junkie-like “track” marks on the inside of my elbow. For those who dont know, they can take plasma twice a week where as with blood it is somethingg like once every six week.

edited to add: wait—you “donate” plasma and get paid for it? You call that “donating?” Oooooookay.

maybe they call it that at the plasma center, I cant remember. But honesty would compel me to say “I sell plasma” not “I donate plasma.”

If you want qll the feels of a do gooder why dont you donate blood which is actually a real gift not compensated by money? What is this list you “proudly” brag about being on? Can I get on that list too?

I've donated blood many times but never sold it. There's a difference you know.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

"Donated". I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I've donated blood many times but never sold it. There's a difference you know.
    It reminds me of how some people “borrow” a grocery cart from a store.

Yppej
    No. I could not even donate regular blood. When I was a young adult I did not weigh enough, and now that that problem is gone my blood pressure is too low.

Thread Information