Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My bathroom vanity is not sparking joy

FWIW we love our IKEA hemnes vanities. They were about $300 and very well built. I love that they are drawers, not
    cupboards. The sinks are also nice porcelain. I swapped out my knobs for some cute porcelain ones from CostPlus and it’s much nicer than some I’ve seen that were much more expensive

Williamsmith
    This is a good opportunity to become your own designer. For instance, I oftentimes thought a used whiskey barrel would make a nice vanity for a sink. Rustic and very sturdy.

This thread is a good heads up for me. I poked around sales sites and yeah, they charge $699 to $1,100 for pressed board vanities at the big box stores. Ikea looks like a decent alternative. Also, DH knows Amish cabinent makers who will build nice things for Ikea prices.

I love the dresser converted to a vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    This is a good opportunity to become your own designer. For instance, I oftentimes thought a used whiskey barrel would make a nice vanity for a sink. Rustic and very sturdy.
    A cabin I've done one of my personal retreats had this for the bathroom sink. I loved it. A log and hammered copper sink. 1y_jpg.jpg
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Some great ideas here...I finally gave up and ordered one from Wayfair. Solid wood, clean lines etc. We will most likely be selling this house in the next year or so which limits getting too creative. An interesting thing I noticed is that every time I went back to their site to look at the vanity before ordering, the price would go up. Like with airline tickets. At one point, it went up $150. So I deleted cookies, it went back down and I ordered. Now for the rest of the bathroom...

I hate when the price goes up like that. Are you moving back to Texas?

Go to a RE-store. It's amazing the fabulous stuff people jerk out of their homes and donate. I've seen granite slabs, Coriann slabs. They could be cut to size.

Verdict on returning "home" is still out but preparing just in case. In any case, this house with three floors is not a grow old kind of domicile. Works for now but...
    We have been to the Restore here many times - sometimes scoring some good buys.

Vanity was delivered today and we realized it is too heavy for us to get up the half flight of stairs. The stone top is glued on and we just assumed it was detachable so now we have to figure out how to get it up there without killing ourselves.
    The home improvement fun never ends.

Thread Information