Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Finally really looking for a new job

Tradd that does sound fishy, maybe they are disorganized or maybe they are not for real. I would be interested but not give them too many chances,

Or too much information.

Yppej
    Could be it is not posted as they are secretly planning to replace an incompetent person. The lack of a job description is concerning though.

All they know about me is from LinkedIn. That’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Could be it is not posted as they are secretly planning to replace an incompetent person. The lack of a job description is concerning though.
    Job is posted now, but her not giving me any before was very odd.

I would be expected to work BOTH weekend days - that would mean NO diving and NO church. I told the recruiter that the working weekends was a deal killer.

Well, that's crummy. I'd think that working all weekend would be a deal killer for most people. Oh well, their loss.

LOL,

After my schedule last year (working 80 hours a week, covering for an owner due to medical), I hoped they listened and realized we needed more people who could do what the three (two owners, both medical issues) of use do. I had hoped that we eventually would have enough, I could actually get time off, and two days off in a row, more often then Christmas Eve and Day.

The boss who had the medical issue, got ticked at me Sunday, and threatened me with time off, LOL. It would be nice if that would happen, but it would require the two of them to be in better shape, since they don't want to hire other help.

Well, this morning has been interesting.

1. Accounting was trying to get some supposedly old invoices posted so they could pay an overseas agent. I hadn’t received either invoice. My manager was demanding I post them and bill them out to the customer. Couldn’t figure out what one was for as the description was not in English. Emailed overseas agent to get explanation, as I can’t bill it out to customer if I don’t know what it’s for. Manager keeps after me to bill. I explain. She’s not trying to get it. I finally walked into her office with the invoice in hand and showed her the non-English description. I asked her if she knew what it was for. She didn’t. I asked her if she wanted me to bill the customer just showing “misc charges” on invoice. She just sort of mumbled. Within 30 min I had explanation from overseas and was able to bill it.

2. GM who has been here for a year announced 30 min ago that he is leaving at the end of the month. Surprised me. The female VP who sat in for 6 months before this GM was hired will be back to serve as GM for however long until a replacement is hired.

3. As soon as it hit noon, my manager and supervisor left for lunch together. Bet we know what they’re discussing.

Sounds terrible!

Thread Information