Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So Did Trump Cave? Is he weakened?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Trump loves to stiff people who have worked let alone people that haven’t.
    And it's an established pattern of behavior.....very scary that the man was elected in the first place. What does this say about America? Rob

I suppose it's the nature of things to declare a winner and a loser, but other than promoting the party and saving face I did not see clear policy winners or losers. T may still get his wall or pull some other rabbit out of his hat. Pelosi did not get any genuine opportunity to negociate for any concessions for DACA or advance any other immigration issue. If there is some sort of real border crisis there was no real investigation or research into a practical solution. The Federal workers were the real losers.

Williamsmith
    I’m not surprised by some of the hatred for Donald Trump expressed on social media and even here at times. And I’m not trying to make a judgement as to whether it is deserved or not. I have however become convinced that when a person as prevelant as Trump can move someone to anger so easily and so often.....it is time for one to embrace peace and love. I don’t really have to the room for both hatred and love in my life. So I try to choose love and it always results in peace. Hatred has always had the opposite effect on my life. Feel free to beat me over the head with my own words the next time I violate this truth.

When trump, mcconnell, graham and all the others who are willing to destroy our country in order to retain power are ready to sit down, hold hands, and sing kumbayah maybe i’ll consider joining in. Until then, no effing way.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I’m not surprised by some of the hatred for Donald Trump expressed on social media and even here at times. And I’m not trying to make a judgement as to whether it is deserved or not. I have however become convinced that when a person as prevelant as Trump can move someone to anger so easily and so often.....it is time for one to embrace peace and love. I don’t really have to the room for both hatred and love in my life. So I try to choose love and it always results in peace. Hatred has always had the opposite effect on my life. Feel free to beat me over the head with my own words the next time I violate this truth.
    I’m getting old and through my life I have seen much meanness, hate, racism and evil. We all have a choice. I choose not to condone hatefulness. The birther, Muslim Obama nonsense, inciting crowds to chant lock her up, lying that Mexico would pay for the wall, saying he had a plan for better health care that cost less, was more comprehensive and could insure more people, he has dreamers back, he loves the Gay community, coal mines will reopen. how do you expect people to feel? Betrayed, disgusted, proud?

and those mocking nicknames. All these finest people he chose to surround him, then once they do anything he doesn’t like, they are suddenly the worst of the worst. Just the other day he tweeted about crooked Hillary. Seriously, 800,000 people are out of work and you continue to fantasize about Hillary Clinton? Get a grip. Work on the problems, like healthcare, infrastructure and illegal immigration like you promised in conjunction with the other branches of government like you should have done with a majority in the house and senate. Instead you and your cronies were more interested in making sure you could say Merry Christmas and restrict women’s access to reproductive healthcare. And the wall for which you will have to steal American Citizens land. Work with the other branches with sane proposals and negotiations. Not some crazy schemes fueled by lies that Stephen Miller, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity dream up.

Our deficit is soaring, our infrastructure is not being improved, our focus on America First is drifting away as we contemplate meddling in Venezuela. Our healthcare is getting worse, big pharma is getting richer. Finally the illegals you employed are fired, now bring manufacturing of your goods back to the US.

He is truly a mean mean lonely man with ugliness in his heart which is why he is so hated.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    I’m getting old and through my life I have seen much meanness, hate, racism and evil. We all have a choice. I choose not to condone hatefulness. The birther, Muslim Obama nonsense, inciting crowds to chant lock her up, lying that Mexico would pay for the wall, saying he had a plan for better health care that cost less, was more comprehensive and could insure more people, he has dreamers back, he loves the Gay community, coal mines will reopen. how do you expect people to feel? Betrayed, disgusted, proud?

and those mocking nicknames. All these finest people he chose to surround him, then once they do anything he doesn’t like, they are suddenly the worst of the worst. Just the other day he tweeted about crooked Hillary. Seriously, 800,000 people are out of work and you continue to fantasize about Hillary Clinton? Get a grip. Work on the problems, like healthcare, infrastructure and illegal immigration like you promised in conjunction with the other branches of government like you should have done with a majority in the house and senate. Instead you and your cronies were more interested in making sure you could say Merry Christmas and restrict women’s access to reproductive healthcare. And the wall for which you will have to steal American Citizens land. Work with the other branches with sane proposals and negotiations. Not some crazy schemes fueled by lies that Stephen Miller, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity dream up.

Our deficit is soaring, our infrastructure is not being improved, our focus on America First is drifting away as we contemplate meddling in Venezuela. Our healthcare is getting worse, big pharma is getting richer. Finally the illegals you employed are fired, now bring manufacturing of your goods back to the US.

He is truly a mean mean lonely man with ugliness in his heart which is why he is so hated.
    I know we have had our disagreements in the past, Flowerseverywhere (I still really love your screen name, btw) but here I could not agree with you more. Agreed with everything you have said here 100%. Rob

One of the things I have noted during trump's recent decision to hold the government hostage, as well as a variety of other previous political skirmishes is that all the calls for "compromise" and "they should negotiate" seem to be aimed at the democrats. Very few seem inclined to point out the republican refusal to negotiate or their instigation of whatever the current impasse is. It's sort of like the accepted view is that republicans are men and their rudeness and assholery is a given but that the democrats are women and therefore should strive for compromise and niceness.

Flowers you are so right!

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    One of the things I have noted during trump's recent decision to hold the government hostage, as well as a variety of other previous political skirmishes is that all the calls for "compromise" and "they should negotiate" seem to be aimed at the democrats. Very few seem inclined to point out the republican refusal to negotiate or their instigation of whatever the current impasse is. It's sort of like the accepted view is that republicans are men and their rudeness and assholery is a given but that the democrats are women and therefore should strive for compromise and niceness.
    I hear the right wingers in my office, male and female alike, directing all their venom at Elizabeth Warren and Nancy Pelosi, never say Chuck Schumer. There is definitely a sexist bias at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I hear the right wingers in my office, male and female alike, directing all their venom at Elizabeth Warren and Nancy Pelosi, never say Chuck Schumer. There is definitely a sexist bias at work.
    I agree. I have eavesdropped on a few conversations of well dressed businesspeople in downtown Phoenix and have heard similar. Pelosi especially is bashed more than Warren is what I have overheard from these radicals - I realize also that to some, these opinions are not radical. In my infamous zip code, such is indeed considered radical. I even went to a downtown printing shop as I needed to have something work related printed up and two associates behind the counter were up talking up Trump and bashing Democrats (though not any specific Democrat, to be fair). I turned to them and smiled and really queened it up as only I can (not the way I behave unless very provoked as I've always believed that I need to bring more than just sexual preference to the table in life) and said, "My husband and I don't agree with you."

The looks I received in return helped make my year for me! Rob

Thread Information