Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So Did Trump Cave? Is he weakened?

I feel very sorry for the contractors. One of my friends is effected by this. I also feel bad for the federal employees. Trump and his allies don’t care about people. That’s obvious by telling them to take loans or have a garage sale. Ugh!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I feel very sorry for the contractors. One of my friends is effected by this. I also feel bad for the federal employees. Trump and his allies don’t care about people. That’s obvious by telling them to take loans or have a garage sale. Ugh!
    No, it's obvious that Trump and his cronies could care less for the collateral damage of their policies/decisions such as the unnecessary suffering of Federal Workers. What's gets me is that there are still American citizens that find this acceptable. Based on this fact alone, I have little faith in the viability of the United States as a country for average everyday people going forward. Rob

No one I know thinks this is acceptable.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    No one I know thinks this is acceptable.
    Nor do most people i know but I know of Trump supporters, not friends of mine, who find the collateral damage perfectly acceptable provided they get their campaign promises fulfilled. But once again, such people are not friends of mine - and oddly enough do not live in the 85006 or a similar area, either......though I also believe that not everyone by far in more upscale hoods are down with Trump's cavalier attitude towards the collateral damage he is directly responsible for. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Alan, I take it then that you don't see Trump as refusing to compromise? Interesting.
    He did compromise by allowing the government to re-open after the Speaker announced that she would not authorize one dollar for the wall. If the Speaker won, it's because of her refusal to compromise regardless of the collateral damage.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    He did compromise by allowing the government to re-open after the Speaker announced that she would not authorize one dollar for the wall. If the Speaker won, it's because of her refusal to compromise regardless of the collateral damage.

This is exactly what a lot of people I know are saying, even the ones that typical vote Democrat.

Perhaps if trump and the republicans care so much about these contractors beyond using them as an excuse to blame nancy for not giving in to a hostage taking, unpopular president they should propose legislation that all government contracts will be paid in full after a shitdown and that all employees for that contractor have to be paid for the missed work once the shutdown is over.

But considering the president’s past relationships with contractors i certainly wouldnt hold my breath waiting for that legislation.

Trump loves to stiff people who have worked let alone people that haven’t.

Honestly, better legislation would be legislation that states that if a new funding bill for any department does not get passed by the time the old funding has run out that funding will continue at the current level until such new funding bill gets passed. But, of course, I doubt republicans would go along with losing one of their biggest bludgeons willingly.

Thread Information