Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: What movies are you watching in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Just saw One Child Nation, about the one-child policy in China. It was highly informative for me.. I knew there was a policy, but I had no idea about the tactics they used to enforce the policy. Heart-wrenching, and very provocative re the State vs personal freedom.
    I am only half way in and this is horrifying. I mean, I knew about forced abortions and etc but seeing it all in the flesh, Whoah. A “ lump of cells” ummm, not exactly. If only.

Star Wars!!!! we were invited to a preview. Loved it. I've loved it since the 1st movie in '77.

This is kind of creepy but I found this thread just as I started watching it. (one child nation.)

Knives out was so good! Definitely don’t want to see one child nation. I know that they forced women to have abortions no matter how far along the pregnancy is. Ugh!

Watched Molly's Game last night--really good and Aaron Sorkin fast-paced.

We will see Knives out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Watched Molly's Game last night--really good and Aaron Sorkin fast-paced.

We will see Knives out this week.
    I loved Molly's Game! Excellent movie.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Have just started going to movies again - I think the last movie I saw in the theater was Sea Biscuit! Even went to see 3 movies by myself! The new recliner seats are a game changer I tell you! Old seats drove my legs crazy - could never get comfortable. Often had to get up and walk around...

Skid Row Marathon - excellent documentary
    Game Changers - another good documentary
    Dark Waters - sort of slow but great message - $$ over ethics
    Knives out - fun movie kept you guessing until the end

Looking for more movies my wife and I can enjoy together. She loves the Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter - and my claim to fame is I have never seen one - other than bits and pieces on DVD when the rest of the family is watching. Could not get over the fact that the Star Wars characters look like they are in cheap store bought Halloween costumes! Though I must admit "Chewie" is a good huger"! Seriously! We went to a photo shoot at Disneyland and he not only hugged the kids
    but us all. After standing in line for way too long - it was kinda nice!

Despicable ME 3. Just too dang cute.

Wish Man ..... Netflix.

On the last day of 2019 I went to the theater to see Little Women.

It was a very good film. The audience liked it and people clapped at the end.
    If you are not familiar with the source material you will find the nonlinear story presentation to be confusing.

The cinematography, costumes, and sets were beautiful. I can’t get over the rich textures of all those fabrics, it is a feast for the eyes. Granted, I am a freak for textiles.

Soirse Ronan is an awesome talent and a joy to watch. She and Timothee Chalamet cavorting together in several scenes were magnificent.

I didn’t like the actress who played Beth in that role. She was not pale, delicate dark haired Beth of the book. Emma Watson did an OK job, just ok, as the eldest sister. The girl who played Amy, the youngest sister, owned her role at the end of the film but during the first 3/4 of it was just “odd” because she was supposed to be about 13 years old, and that actress was too mature for that.

Don’t look at the cast list before seeing this film. You will be surprised who plays Father March. Seriously, dont peek! But it’s all good.

Thread Information