Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: What movies are you watching in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    Just watched the Netflix documentary "The Social Dilemma" and I found it very disturbing. The fact that our searches and news are tailor fed to us is very unsettling. Has anyone else seen it?
    Greg: You inspired me to watch this with DH and we both found it disturbing as well. It wasn't news that we are all being manipulated and marketed to, but to see the extent of it so clearly spelled out was eye-opening.

I haven't contributed to this because I thought it was only good through 2019--LOL!

Anyway, our local fairgrounds is hosting a drive-in horror movie theater all through the month of October. Sounds like a hoot. I used to work at a drive-in when I was a kid, in the concession stands. It was a great job! Got to watch lots of marathons like Night of the Living Dead, Battle for the Planet of the Apes, etc. Think I'll take the grandson to it on my birthday weekend.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    I haven't contributed to this because I thought it was only good through 2019--LOL!

Anyway, our local fairgrounds is hosting a drive-in horror movie theater all through the month of October. Sounds like a hoot. I used to work at a drive-in when I was a kid, in the concession stands. It was a great job! Got to watch lots of marathons like Night of the Living Dead, Battle for the Planet of the Apes, etc. Think I'll take the grandson to it on my birthday weekend.
    well, we do have a thread for the year 2020 but someone started this up again. It’s all good.

I recently watched the new Netflix released, The Trial of the Chicago 7. I had a little bit of special interest since I briefly met Bobby Seale years later. Some vintage footage with good modern acting for the court room drama. It took a few Hollywood dramatization liberties with the facts, but was basically a good representation of both the characters and the trail. Becoming something of ancient history, but some relevance to current issues and protests.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I recently watched the new Netflix released, The Trial of the Chicago 7. I had a little bit of special interest since I briefly met Bobby Seale years later. Some vintage footage with good modern acting for the court room drama. It took a few Hollywood dramatization liberties with the facts, but was basically a good representation of both the characters and the trail. Becoming something of ancient history, but some relevance to current issues and protests.
    I stared watching it last night but could not get into it, even tho my beloved Jeremy Strong in it playing Jerry Rubin. Even tho I used to own Steal This Book. Even tho I used to pride myself on being able to name each of the Chicago 7.

Been there, done that and that time is over. The pVietnam War was dumb as well as tragic, and these guys helped to bring it down. Unpeaceful protests in the streets were less effective than the constant, peaceful protests from citizens of all walks of life, but all of it helped to stop thst damn war.

I watched 'A Bear Named Winnie' on Hoopla from the library.... The extraordinary veritable story of the black bear who would become the inspiration for the stories of A.A. Milne, and the heroic man who saved her life. I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I stared watching it last night but could not get into it, even tho my beloved Jeremy Strong in it playing Jerry Rubin. Even tho I used to own Steal This Book. Even tho I used to pride myself on being able to name each of the Chicago 7.

Been there, done that and that time is over. The pVietnam War was dumb as well as tragic, and these guys helped to bring it down. Unpeaceful protests in the streets were less effective than the constant, peaceful protests from citizens of all walks of life, but all of it helped to stop thst damn war.
    I saw it the other night and loved it. I love Aaron Sorkin anyway, and the casting was great, as was the directing. I was compelled to try to find out how accurate it was in terms of the bias that took place from the bench and also the political motivations for the trial--haven't really found anything yet on that. Did Tom Hayden really do that (don't want to be a spoiler) at the end??

I actually was totally absorbed in it, probably because I didn't really know anything about the trial.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information