Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What movies are you watching in 2019?

Yppej
    A Star Is Born
    Bohemian Rhapsody

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Quinten Teratino movie was very weird. Once upon a time in Hollywood. At least not violent until the very end.
    It was weird! And weirdly long unless I was reading my watch wrong. I wondered what the point was to making it. But I wanted to see it for the period stuff and that was great, the clothes, the way people lived, how people acted, the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    A Star Is Born
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    I skimmed A Star is Born since I just signed ip for HBO. It was ok but was exactly what I thought it would be.

T, yes it was very long and it didn’t need to be.

Avengers Endgame. While Xmen was my comic of choice as a kid, I remember a decent amount of Marvel, so I thought this would be good.

It was Eh.

I ran across this charming documentary on Amazon Prime called “Keys to the castle.” . It is about an elderly couple who sell their Scottish castle after renovating it and living in it for 40 years. The old castle plus its 11 acres is too much for them to keep up. The lady of the house is quite a character. I loved her classic clothes.

She lacks ability to sort 40 years of crap to toss anything. Wait until you see what she pulls out of a cupboard, a large plastic bag of it.

I have been getting movies at the library since so much of the streaming stuff is krap these days. Last night I watched "A Room with a View"- thirty years old but enjoyed.

I loved Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. I was coming of age at the time and very much into pop culture. I loved hearing the radio ads. Loved the soundtrack. Loved Brad Pitt. Loved the excellent twist at the end after all that build up thinking you knew where you were going. Did I mention that I loved it?

My daughter and I, both Tarantino fans, saw Once Upon A Time In Hollywood last night, and thought it was deeply flawed. We almost walked out several times out of boredom. Ending was nice, but the film could have easily been 20-30 mins shorter.

Totally agree Bae.

Thread Information