Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What movies are you watching in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Define better?
    Films I give a damn about. Films I want to see.

The good thing about getting older is that you can watch old movies you've already seen as if it were the first time. I knew I liked A Simple Plan with Bill Paxton and Billy Bob Thornton the first time I saw it, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember the plot, except that it was about finding money.

So we watched it the other night and I really liked it again. I should put it on my calendar to watch again in another couple of years.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I am watching Bleak House, again, dont remember details but remember the beautiful, languid, unhappy character played by Gillian Anderson. I love her! This is the British tv production in several episodes.

Just finished watching for second or third time the Joe Wright tv production about Charles II starring rufus Sewell. I didnt realize Wright was the director until this time around and that explains why it is excellent.

I never watch a movie twice.

I have not been impressed with many of my movies choices lately, but did hit on two recently worth talking about or recommending. Isle of Dogs is an animated movie that I DVD'd from Netflix. I'm not too hot on overproduced animations like the Disney types, but I enjoyed this one. Is was up for handful of awards including the sound track and features well know actors and actresses for the voice overs. I think it is called stop motion and is an elaborate version of the old claymation style. A novel story line that is suited for all ages and revolves around man's relationships to dogs in few centuries into the future.

I also really liked Leave No Trace. It is about a father and teenage daughter living a respectable but homeless lifestyle in the NW woods. Social workers pull them into the system and relocate them into a traditional living situation. The story is mostly about how they do or don't adapt. The acting pretty much placed it above the Hollywood type story line that made it believable. It was a touching story, but neither happy or sad. It had a simple living theme above it all.

Watched The Upside with Bryan Cranston and Kevin Hart. Lots of genuinely funny scenes but also a dramatic arc. Supposed to be based on a true story.
    Two friends and I really enjoyed it. Also hope to see more of Kevin Hart as an actor, he was in almost every scene and did a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I never watch a movie twice.
    Well, for the King Charles II production, it drives that section of history into my brain and it supports my chant: James Charles Charles James, the order of the Stuart kings. Sometimes I forget the order, thinking it is James Charles James Charles.. Also, the other chant is father father father brother. No one is interested in this but me but you know I have to entertain myself!

Yppej
    Spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    The good thing about getting older is that you can watch old movies you've already seen as if it were the first time. I knew I liked A Simple Plan with Bill Paxton and Billy Bob Thornton the first time I saw it, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember the plot, except that it was about finding money.

So we watched it the other night and I really liked it again. I should put it on my calendar to watch again in another couple of years.
    LOL catherine.......how true! DH and I have watched what we thought was a new movie....and slowly started thinking "hmmm.....this seems familiar." haha But you're right........it gives us lots more movie choices......if we can't remember seeing them before.

We finally saw "Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, MO. We both liked it, compelling story, great acting and it prompted lots of discussion between us afterward.
    DH said between that and Winter's Bone, the MO Chamber of Commerce has their work cut out for them and he hopes never to set foot in the state of MO. I thought my MO SL friends would be amused by that.

Thread Information