Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What movies are you watching in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    We finally saw "Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, MO. We both liked it, compelling story, great acting and it prompted lots of discussion between us afterward.
    DH said between that and Winter's Bone, the MO Chamber of Commerce has their work cut out for them and he hopes never to set foot in the state of MO. I thought my MO SL friends would be amused by that.
    Yes, Missouri is rural Hicksville. We like it that way, all you East Coast people with your liberal ideas just stay away thank you! Ha ha.

At least they could have shot three billboards in Missouri but they did not, it was shot in another state. The movie did not generate any revenue for us.

I decided that for 2019, I would try and see more movies. I really like the graphics and thoughts that go into children's movies so went to see the Lego movie as I had never seen one before. It is silly, hard to follow and poor graphics, IMO anyway. Parents were simply walking out partway through the show with different aged children so I was not the only one disappointed.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Recently saw Green Book.... One of the best movies I have seen in a long time.

We saw it yesterday and it was really good Frug.

Black KKKlansman. Didn't realize that the main character was played by Denzel Washington's son, John David Washington.
    He did an excellent job.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7349662/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    We saw it yesterday and it was really good Frug.
    What do you think of the conoversy surrounding this film? Many people consider it racist and naive. The actor Ali is really really good in everything he does, I would go only to see him. Don Shirley’s family is not at all happy with it.

I was on the fence about seeing it but have now decided against it,
    I dont need more Hollywood pablum.

This year was so very bad for films I can hardly believe it. Roma is the only 2018 one I want to see, forgetabut the rest of the nominated films I havent seen.

Didn’t know about the controversy. Probably the best film I have seen all year. The 2 people remained friends until they both died in 2013.

Yppej
    Woman in Gold.

Mary Queen of Scots. Excellent movie. Loved it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I watched an odd little film on Netflix the other night called Wakefield. Still pondering its message.

Thread Information