Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: What movies are you watching in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Whether it’s subtitled or not, doesn’t concern me all that much. I don’t mind reading with my eyes the dialogue.

I’m interested in all of the other issues that make up a good quality film.
    Me too. Doesn't bother me at all.

At the moment I'm watching RBG. She is an amazing woman. The movie is pretty good. It does her justice. (... see what I did there?)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Well the movies horrible and one spent the whole time trying to kill his 6 year old son in Iran because he is physically disabled and finally drowned him. My friend and I both work in the same field.

Saw Captain Marvel Saturday afternoon with DH and DD. We all enjoyed it. Each movie seems to fill in a little more background to the Avengers story. I never read the actual comics and am at best, a casual fan, but I do enjoy the stories. Looking forward to the new Avengers movie later this month. I did get a bit teary-eyed at seeing Stan Lee's cameo.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I recently enjoyed Stan and Ollie. It is a modern look back at the last last few years of the most popular comedian duo of the 30's. Their acts have seemed like a hangover of the vaudeville era and now days dated and not especially funny, but refreshing to know of a time when people could laugh at things that were totally silly without using foul language or references to sex, race, or politics. But the film was more about two ordinary pals who were nothing like their film persona.

Yppej
    Wonder
    Stronger which struck me as very authentic including the Boston accents

Saw Avengers: EndGame with the family for Mother's Day. I enjoyed it and it didn't seem like three hours. I think I was expecting too much (not sure what I was expecting?) because of all of the fanfare. I didn't think it was that much better than the other ones. I did laugh at Thor's character.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I saw an AIDS documentary, We Are Here, via the library-associated streaming service Kanopy. It featured a number of HIV-positive survivors of the early days of the epidemic, and a nurse who was deeply involved since its inception. And now, possibly, we may be looking at an end to it all, if recent medical pronouncements are to be believed.

I just watched a promotional trailer for the film Downton Abbey which is being released in September. The plot is predictable, not surprising considering that Julian Fellowes is writing the film as he did the TV series.It will contain his usual pastiche of British aristocracy anecdotes and perceptions.

But I’m sure the costumes, sets, casting, and cinematography will be top notch as was the TV show.

DH and I saw Rocketman Saturday afternoon (yes, we go for the blockbusters, lol). My advice: don't partake of a lot of fluids before or during. It was a bit long, but I was entranced. There is a bit of fantasy during some of the musical numbers which fits right in with Elton's stage persona.

Yppej
    I also saw Rocketman. I knew all the songs, my millennial son very few.

Thread Information