Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Howard Schultz

I feel the same Jane.

https://politics.theonion.com/howard...PekWF9a5EpAiJs

“The complete lack of support for my candidacy among narrow interest groups like liberals, conservatives, and moderates tells me that America is hungry for an independent voice,” said Schultz, after preliminary polling found little to no support for his presidential bid among Democrats, African-Americans, evangelicals, working-class whites, suburbanites, Republicans, millennials, Hispanics, men, or women.

From what little I've seen Schultz is nothing more than a democrat that leans to the center. By running as an independent he gets out of the free-for-all democratic primaries, which does seem a little egotistical.

To me he seems more like a 70’s republican that leans a little left. Who knows, maybe the LDAHL’s of the world will love him. Personally, as a democrat, i’m not worried. If anything he’ll steal more votes from republicans that can’t believe that trump has become their party. Maga...

And AOC's response to this clown:

"Why don't people ever tell billionaires who want to run for President that they need to 'work their way up' or that 'maybe they should start with city council first'?"

If he were really serious about wanting to debate his ideas he'd throw his hat in the ring as a democrat and actually try to defend his 1995 policy positions. But of course he'd get pummeled so he's not gonna go that route.

work you way up as a one term senator in the party out of power (looking at Kamala) - yea I don't think she's really put in the time in anything serious, but she's done nothing if not tried to add shiny looking nothingburgers to the resume.
    Trees don't grow on money

Correction. Work your way up as a senator after spending more than a decade as attorney general for the largest state in the union and district attorney for the second largest city in that state.

She has great credentials!

Anyone who has even the most tenuous grasp of how our government works under the Constitution is light years ahead of what we have now.

I see Paul Krugman denounced Shultz yesterday as a “fanatical centrist”. It made me think of how hard it must be for the Onion to keep up. How do you keep a step ahead of all the earnest silliness being purveyed?

Thread Information