Thread: Crown fell off!

Crown fell off!

I have a temporary crown until the 7th. This is my 6th crown ( yeah no root canal this time) so I am very aware and careful. I haven't even had a raw carrot! Of course no gum or nuts etc. I was eating a very soft bread last night and it popped off. I felt it so I spit out the food and washed it off. My tooth is a little sensitive with being exposed. Last night I had mashed potatoes and these veggie stick snacks that I let disolve in my mouth. That and yogurt (not too cold) and maybe a protein shake are good until I can call the dentist.

I think sometimes the temporary ones can come off? I have never had this happen before.

Has not happened to me but I was warned by my dentist that it might and soft bread was even the example he gave. On the way home from the dentist, I bought some DenTemp temporary lost filling and loose cap repair to just in case. Still have it, just in case.

I have had this happen and it is easily and quickly fixed. If it is one of the inner teeth as opposed to the last molar, sometimes a temp fix can be made with pharmacy supplies. I always ran into the dentist and they took care of it as an emergency.

I had one, back molar and it was a mess, I wore my teeth bleaching form at night so I wouldn't swallow it...my mother swallowed a 3 piece bridge and had to have a colonoscopy....The new dentist seems to make a better temporary crown than the old dentist did.

I talked to the dentist and I can just get some OTC stuff and get it back on until my next appointment. Considering that there is some snow and my dentist is across town that seems the best. My permanent crown is next week. $15 as compared to hours driving across town to have it cemented back in.

I had a molar gold crown fall off last night at 515. Called my dentist, leaving a message. She called me back in 15 minutes. I was impressed. I'm lucky that the root is not sensitive to the air. She told me to press it back in place and if needed, Walgreens has a temporary cement in the toothpaste section. She'll get me in Monday. She also said if I started to have problems this weekend to call back and we would go plan B.

I am so impressed! and I'm feeling very fortunate right now that it's not problematic.

That is great. I also have really responsive dentists. I could probably pay less but I appreciate that kind of support.the cement works pretty well, and easy to get

Thread Information