Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Currently reading Lost Without the River by Barbara Scoblic which is a memoir of her life growing up on a family farm in the 1930s-40s. It takes me back to my days of visiting grandparents on their farm.
    Just borrowed this from the library on the Hoopla app. Thanks for the recommendation.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Where the Crawdads Sing.......60 pages left. OH MY GOODNESS!

I loved Crawdads!
    I just finished "A Map of the World" by Jane Hamilton. I somehow missed this one; it came out in 1994. I really loved it and will have to track down her other work.

Where the Crawdads Sing: AWESOME! Finished it 2h ago.

Started: Radical Homemakers...looking forward to this read as I am beginning retirement Friday afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I loved Crawdads!
    I just finished "A Map of the World" by Jane Hamilton. I somehow missed this one; it came out in 1994. I really loved it and will have to track down her other work.
    I read "Map" way back. Don't remember much about it except I really enjoyed it.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Just picked up the new Kevin Williamson book, “The Smallest Minority”. He’s always a fun and interesting read. You may remember him as the guy who got fired from the Atlantic his first week when some of the staff there threw a hissy fit.

I couldn’t find a copy of “The Conservative Sensibility” at the bookstore.

Beat Autoimmune, by Palmer Kippola, who reversed her MS using an anti-inflammatory diet. As far as I know, I don't have an autoimmune disorder, but a spate of health and wellness books have come in from the library, so I'm steeping myself in healthiness. I'm hoping to segue to something jauntier soon.

Just started, "Refuge: An Unnatural History of Family and Place" by Terry Tempest Williams.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Reading Nothing Undaunted by Dorothy Wickenden. True story of author's grandmother and friend (East Coast Society girls) who traveled to the wilds of Colorado to become rural school teachers. Takes place in the early 1900s.

I'm finally finishing up Tripping Over the Truth, and would recommend it to anyone interested in a credible treatment/cure for cancer. I doubt the research will get much traction, involving as it does a cheap dietary change in concert with some--also cheap--clinical interventions. It doesn't generate money for the Medical Industrial Complex, in fact it would probably be a financial disaster for the greedy among us. Fascinating book, nonetheless. I'm glad to have read it.

Thread Information