Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Finally got the library's copy of 'Kingdom of the Blind' by Louise Penny. I reserved it mid-November!
    One of my favorite authors. I have finished her latest, An Honest Man, just a couple of weeks ago.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I find this fascinating and puzzling at the same time. I don't know how anyone can fail to find something to occupy their time and/or their mind in this vast, complex world. Employment was nothing but a set of shackles to me.
    I always thought of employment as at least partly a way to do something to move the world forward at least a little, partly a source of challenge and partly a source of income. When I achieved a measure of financial independence, I took a (somewhat poorly)
    paid position at a nonprofit whose mission I wanted to advance. I also thought it important to demonstrate to my kid that work is not optional; at least for people in our situation. I can’t imagine the misery of doing something you hate for decades. I guess I’ve had a charmed life in that respect.

I'm currently reading The Dutch House by Ann Patchett. She is one of my favorite contemporary authors and I'm enjoying the book very much.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I'm currently reading The Dutch House by Ann Patchett. She is one of my favorite contemporary authors and I'm enjoying the book very much.
    Ann Patchett is my DILs favorite author as well. I'll have to read one of her books.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Catherine: I read Bel Canto first and I was hooked!

Yppej
    Our Revolution by Bernie Sanders. The first and smaller part is autobiography, the second part policy proposals along with the rationale for them. He is very eager to give credit to everyone who helped his campaign, and getting into all the names is where I sometimes lost interest.

My sil just gave me the Dutch house. We could have a book club.
    Just did some books on tape incar. Nothing very good!

Tybee: I finished it last night and I definitely recommend it!

L'appart by David Lebovitz, subtitled "the delights and disasters of making my Paris home.'
    "

Yppej
    Where the Crawdads Sing

Thread Information