Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading 2019?

Yppej
    The Dreamers (not about immigrants) and The Radleys, part of my fiction spree.

You don't have to say you love me: A Memoir, By Sherman Alexie

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Rogar: I'll be interested to hear what you think of The Witch Elm. That was one I thought Iris Lilies might like.
    I'm currently reading and enjoying Beartown by Fredrik Backman, who wrote the delightful book A Man Called Ove.
    I thought Witch Elm was very good, but not quite excellent. It was a gradually unfolding story line rather than some sort of thriller or page burner, which is not necessarily bad. Fun characters and a mystery that was not too far out and kept me guessing. I'm glad I read it, but was not really inspired to read other things by the author.

Yppej
    Lost Girls.

Finished When Breath Becomes Air last night - very sad but good insight into what doctors (and terminally ill) go through. Darn that we all have to die one way or another
    Just started Deep Creek/Finding Hope in the High Country - thoughts from a writer who lives on a ranch in the CO mountains.
    As always, piles of new cookbooks from the library.

From the Ground Up - Howard Schultz of Starbucks fame. Interesting read. I like reading about successful people and their road to leadership.

The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up - Marie Kondo. Nice gal, not sure I am sold on her touchy feely approach to de-cluttering. I know it would be a cold day in hell my wife would yard out all her clothing and pile on the bed and start going through it and checking for sparks of joy. I pretty much have decluttered my possessions, but nevertheless I am a de-clutter junkie so I bought the book.

Whole - T. Colin Campbell. Another interesting read - I find it fascinating how food effects our health.
    Last edited by Greg44; 3-9-19 at 6:55pm.

Yppej
    Having Our Say: The Delany Sisters' First 100 Years.

I read When
    breathe Becomes Air. recommended by somene here. A nice little read.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Finished When Breath Becomes Air last night - very sad but good insight into what doctors (and terminally ill) go through. Darn that we all have to die one way or another
    Just started Deep Creek/Finding Hope in the High Country - thoughts from a writer who lives on a ranch in the CO mountains.
    As always, piles of new cookbooks from the library.

Yppej
    The Sweet Hereafter by Russell Banks.

Two fiction books for a change - Radium Girls (sad!) and The Woman in the Window

Thread Information