Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: February Frugals

Yppej

February Frugals

I cancelled my satellite radio subscription. While my commute is long I work in a major metropolitan area and have lots of regular broadcast stations to choose from.

That’s great Y. With my husband gone I am cooking more and eating out less.

Just cashed in an LL Bean gift certificate for a new dog kennel--definitely a need, not a want.

Cooking in all weekend. Goals. Will i actually do it? This is the question.

Hubby has talked for months about smoking a brisket but they are all so big. Yesterday I found a small one. I bought it without asking and when he got home last night, I told him it's there and now he has to do it I'm tired of going out for it. Will be interested to see how it goes......

I bought groceries. So far I've gone a couple of days not eating out. Well, except for going out with my Mom, but that is so I know she gets at least one good meal a week. She cooks more than I do even at almost 88, so she is basically good. I spent a bit over $60, so if I get a week out of it all I'll consider it a win.
    Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!
    formerly known as Paula P

Feb.01/19
    Ended the month of Jan with very little extra spending.
    Partly because I have been sick since Sunday morning,
    sicker then I have ever been in years.
    With a horrible common cold and very sore throat.
    Fever seem to peak last night and I feel sort of better today.
    OKAY, enough of that whining!
    --today, I ate oatmeal and fruit from the freezer for breakfast
    a can of organic sweet potato soup from the pantry and a frozen dinner.
    All bought on sale.
    --posted a couple of items for sale on Kijiji and Ebay
    --watched a movie on Netflix when I got tried this afternoon.
    Just trying to stay warm and cosy in my house and not go out....lol...best if one
    doesn't have to in this weather.

--

Yppej
    Called an independent shop I trust regarding the brake flush recommendation in the service manual and found out it is not necessary. This will save around $100.00.

So far February has been very frugal.

snow day yesterday so I got paid without spending gas to drive to work. Ate leftovers all day.

today I have a free teacher workshop. For about $4 in gas I get breakfast, lunch, and four workshop sessions. I’m planning to get there early so I can sign up for all of my first choices - this year I plan to take the session that gave out goodie bags last year. Hopefully there will be a goodie bag again, but I am taking it for the knowledge.

still have leftovers for dinner, but am going to the grocery store on the way home (using that same $4 in gas, since just to get to the grocery store and back is more than half of that.) made a plan and taking my coupons.

tomorrow will not be frugal because it is a ❤️Grandson day. - fancy donuts! (And extra driving to pick him up and take him home)

Friday meals:

Breakfast: eggs and aging piece of homemade french bread with fresh raspberry jam from a neighbor.

Lunch: huge salad using a leftover chicken thigh, the end of the lettuce mix, some aging tomatoes.

Dinner last night: grilled some chicken. Used up frozen rice. Used a can of black beans that has been in the pantry for a long time. Used up some aging small flour tortillas. Mixed and rolled up some burritos and melted a pile of cheese on top. Chased with some homemade salsa.

Look at all that food that didn't go to waste! Apparently I'm feeling 'chuffed to bits'

Today: making hash brown casserole in an hour. and adding a few eggs on the side. No going out to breakfast! Think of all the calories we WON'T eat!

Now to figure out what to do with 3# of broccoli florets that no one ate last weekend when I was feeding the crew at Winter Carnival......

My February goal: NO FOOD WASTE! (still my biggest problem is going out to eat after work because I'm trashed with no energy).

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post

Now to figure out what to do with 3# of broccoli florets that no one ate last weekend when I was feeding the crew at Winter Carnival......

My February goal: NO FOOD WASTE! (still my biggest problem is going out to eat after work because I'm trashed with no energy).
    Just pop them in the freezer, and use later in the month to make broccoli quiche and cream of broccoli soup.

Thread Information