Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G'day from WA (Western Australia)

G'day from WA (Western Australia)

Hello, I'm Purelee

I joined this forum because I'm currently experimenting with ways to make my life more simpler - though this was started on a journey of getting rid of excess stuff I owned and minimalising my life some.
    Hopefully I'll be able to get some ideas from here to implement into my life.

I suspect I might be on a bit of a different journey to most people on the forum. I'm 28 and hoping to go to university for the first time next year to study data science.
    There's a lot of technology in my life - I game for pleasure and stream my gameplay sometimes.

Right now I'm focusing more on minimalising processes in my life as they cause me a lot of stress. I try to keep things simple when it comes to cleaning, cooking/meals and exercise.

from Ontario, Canada. There is no age to simple living. It is all about making thoughtful choices about time, energy and finances that give you the life that you wish to live. We are constantly having to make serious decisions throughout our lives. You are smart to start early.
    Tell us about your program of data science if you could please. It has so many applications today.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Hello from Minnesota! As razz mentioned, simplicity comes in many forms. I'm sure you'll find people here who have some interest in what you're doing and some ideas for you to consider.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Like you I started college a little later in life at 31. It was a great decision. Welcome!

Welcome Purelee! Happy to have you join us.

There is no one brand of simple liver on this forum, Purelee! Glad you're adding to the mix!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Welcome, Purelee,

… and greetings from the Arctic Vortex.

It may be that you already know this, but I would mention the search box on this site. You can type in any topic (or key word) that interests you, and you'll immediately see all that has been said about that by the plucky members of this forum.

I use it from time to time... It works for everything from aardvark to zygote!

Cheers

Welcome. It will take a little while to determine the difference between your "wants" and "needs."
    In considering buying something like a new winter coat, I do this...…...how many times will I actually wear it?...……..because the more you use it, the less cost per use?

Well, new winter coats would indeed be mostly a waste for me because our winters are not so bad that a coat I would wear on a cold spring day wouldn't suffice.
    I'm pretty comfortable with my distinctions between wants and needs which surprises me... but then sometimes I do still make purchases that are wants over needs based. Especially in the games department!

Welcome! There are many trains of thought here and many people willing to share what/how we do things..."processes" in our lives. Post your topics that you want to refine and we'll jump in with our routines and you will have many to choose from to try out in your own life!

Yea for going to university. I didn't finish my Bachelor of Science until I was 31. And it's never too late to achieve a goal!

Thread Information