Thread: Being Still

Being Still

Gawd, it is so hard! I feel a little better today, so of course I wanted to do some things. This morning I went back to my place down the street so I could get some clean clothes and use the land-line to call my mom. Before you know it, I was: updating my stuff on Quicken, doing some paperwork for the gallery, answering e-mails, etc. After about an hour and a half the pain and tiredness kind of hit and I had to make myself stop and go back to my BF's place.

I slept for a little, and then found myself cleaning his stove and countertops, organizing his food in the pantry, and deep cleaning those shelves. The refrigerator is next, but I'll save that for tomorrow. Probably more activity than I should be doing, but I am a "do-er." Plus, cleaning is fun when you can see what a huge difference your efforts have made. For the many, many fine qualities the BF has, organizational skills is not one of them...

It also may be a sign, pain otherwise, that you are coping. My husband said he knew I was recovering when I wanted to cook.

I'm so glad you are feeling better!

SO happy you are feeling better!!

On another note, I was thinking of you last night. My BIL was watching Wild Hogs, the movie, when I came in to decompress in front of the TV, so I watched it with him, and they shot in Madrid! What a cute little town! Do you know if there are any shots of your gallery in the movie?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    SO happy you are feeling better!!

On another note, I was thinking of you last night. My BIL was watching Wild Hogs, the movie, when I came in to decompress in front of the TV, so I watched it with him, and they shot in Madrid! What a cute little town! Do you know if there are any shots of your gallery in the movie?
    Catherine there is quite a bit of CGI in the movie version of the town. The little diner is there but looks different. The movie sure bumped up traffic for the town for awhile. Such a funny movie, I have to watch that one about once a year!

SiouzQ - glad you are a little better. Even days off I just can't seem to enjoy the hammock or resting in a chair long. Always feel guilty if I'm not cleaning or organizing or working on something. Try to continue to rest as much as possible....don't lift anything....you sure don't want to tear something!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I can sit if I am knitting, reading or watching a good movie. Don’t overdo it.

Yeeks, sorry for the double post...

Thread Information