Thread: getting the donation letters out

getting the donation letters out

I am now the treasurer for a non-profit, something I have wanted to do for awhile. So one task is to send all the donation letters for the donations made through paypal. I have a system and have been working on them for a week, however my little chromebook is very slow. So here I am trying to get the last ones out, I have about 3 hours to work on them. I even went to Starbucks so I wouldn't get distracted by laundry and it is still super slow. At least I don't need to worry about my own letter!

On another note I am looking for a super simple monthly Treasurer report format. I am making a spreadsheet up but any advice is great.

I was a treasurer for a non-profit for a few years. Your format should be guided by the requirements your organization has for reporting your non-profit status and whatever documentation your supporters (including grantmakers) want to see. Once you have those requirements, you most likely will be able to find an existing template for your spreadsheet program (Excel, Numbers, OpenOffice) which will get you at least 80% of the way toward what you want. Those templates may already exist within the app; I've also had success finding useful (and free!) templates on the Internet (just Web-search "<name of app>" template <cash-flow-statement-or-whatever-report-you-want) and you'll find them. Then you can download and try them.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

We have a new treasurer every couple years at church. Always a headache trying to get them trained in how to do the letters in QuickBooks Non-Profit because I'm not supposed to touch it. This year I finally gave up and did them myself. Takes longer to stuff the envelopes. That's one area I'd love to move on-line and just email them out. We're still using the desktop quickbooks but should move to an online version this year.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Here is a link to images of different reports:

https://www.google.com/search?safe=a...w=1280&bih=610

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    We have a new treasurer every couple years at church. Always a headache trying to get them trained in how to do the letters in QuickBooks Non-Profit because I'm not supposed to touch it. This year I finally gave up and did them myself. Takes longer to stuff the envelopes. That's one area I'd love to move on-line and just email them out. We're still using the desktop quickbooks but should move to an online version this year.
    OH dear, I just have to email. That is good because I just took over the job. The previous treasurer lives in a different state than me and the state with the majority of the board. However I collapsed the spreadsheet and can't read all of the email addresses. I will go into work early and use the better computer for awhile. I use quickbooks desktop at work, and right now we are setting up quickbooks online for the non-profit.

And in good news. The treasurer appreciated me so much he just dropped by big giftcards to both starbucks and Cantina Laredo.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

And in good news. The treasurer appreciated me so much he just dropped by big giftcards to both starbucks and Cantina Laredo.
    A good deed rewarded! How nice.

That is so great!

You did them a great favor.

Thread Information