Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zucchini lasagna

zucchini lasagna

I would like to make zucchini lasagna. I've heared from my friend she slices first the zucchini with vegetables slicer and than put it on a grill pan for 2 minutes and tham making the sauce, but I actually don;t know how to make the sauce. what do you put on the sauce?

I make a spaghetti sauce from tomatoes, garlic, onions and any other veggies including dicd zucchini and simmer before making lasagna the usual way with layers of pasta, ricotta or cottage cheese blended with an egg and Italian seasoning to taste, and sprinkled with mozzarella cheese and baked. I love this recipe as it makes 8 servings and leftovers freeze well.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

If you need explicit instruction:

Dice 1 onion
    Mince 4 cloves garlic.

Heat skillet and add 2T EVOO. Saute onion/garlic on medium heat for 6-8m.

If you want meat: 1# ground beef and 1/2# italian sausage. Mince as it cooks.

Add 2 15oz cans tomato sauce and 1 6oz can tomato paste.

Simmer 30-60m.

Layers in 9x13 greased pan: zucchini, 1/3 sauce, cottage cheese or ricotta, mozerella. Repeat. Remaining 1/3 sauce on top.

Bake 375 for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan and return to oven for 10m.

Thanks for the explanation. How do you suggest to dice the onion? I usually slice onions with my mandoline vegetable slicer but it slice it too choop, mayebe it's better to slice it into sliced with a knife?

Quote Originally Posted by Luna6544 View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. How do you suggest to dice the onion? I usually slice onions with my mandoline vegetable slicer but it slice it too choop, mayebe it's better to slice it into sliced with a knife?
    Go ahead and slice. Then stack on your cutting board about 1inch high and dice.

OK, my ignorance is showing. Did you mean to use zucchini layered instead of pasta? How does that taste? Sounds interesting.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I've substituted length sliced zucchini for pasta many times. Still haven't been able to get the amount of water out of it that I would like. I've tried several methods and still end up with more moisture than I would like.

I wonder if a dehydrator would work.

Geila
    I think I remember someone on tv making lasagna with eggplant but I think they had to take the moisture out beforehand. But I think you can make eggplant parmiagana without going through that hassle.

I told DD about this lasagna and asked if she had tried it. Today she sent this along to me. It could be fun to try.

Zucchini Ravioli
    https://www.delish.com/cooking/recip...avioli-recipe/

Thread Information