Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Five minute February challenge

Five minute February challenge

Dh said I think we could finish cleaning the garage in about an hour (I think dh is nuts) but, there are 28 days in February. If I spend 5 minutes every day - that is 2 hours and 20 minutes. Most of what needs to be done is quick - dump out a flower pot and move it to the greenhouse, pound in a nail and hang a tool, toss out a broken umbrella....

i realize im starting this late, but I spent more than ten minutes on the 1st, so im calling it good.

im not going to actually time my five minutes every day. Some days I will just do things like wash this bucket and put it back where it belongs

anybody else have a five minute challenge they want to try?

Yes, I want to enter our day's spending and income onto a new spreadsheet so that we have better tracking of spending. Will need an hour or so to set it up and then 5-10 minutes a day should work for the recording.

Do you think you can make time to set it up today?

Definitely--we are just pulling tax stuff together so can do it after that, this afternoon. It's a preset form, just need to make a few modifications.

A friend of mine sets the timer for 15 minutes every and her and her husband clean. I find it interesting how everyone is so different in what works. I prefer longer periods of time. But it’s important to do whatever works.

Day 3: Dumped out and stacked some flowerpots, found a handful of plastic spoons to run through the dishwasher (we use them in pottery class), and took the piece of fencing that I saved from someone’s trash a long time ago and will need in two weeks out to the barn.

I finished the 2nd book by a slob comes clean and love her nonjudgmental style as well as practical tips. I think it’s the best book about decluttering and I have read a lot of them.

Day 4:

Picked up the really cute, but broken duck umbrella that has been in the garage for, um, years. Told myself “ok, it’s the moment of truth - fix it right now, or throw it away.” I don’t know how to fix it. So I threw it away.

grabbed the handful of garden stakes that were leaning in the corner and carried them to the barn, where I deposited them in the garden stake holder on the very useful cart that dh made me two years ago.

Tybee?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Day 4:

Picked up the really cute, but broken duck umbrella that has been in the garage for, um, years. Told myself ok, its the moment of truth - fix it right now, or throw it away. I dont know how to fix it. So I threw it away.

grabbed the handful of garden stakes that were leaning in the corner and carried them to the barn, where I deposited them in the garden stake holder on the very useful cart that dh made me two years ago.

Tybee?
    I am going to change mine. I will still do the financial tracking but it is not conducive to the 5 minute thing as it takes as long as it takes.

I bought a new kitchen timer and am going to set it for 5 minutes and just run around returning items to their proper places for 5 minutes.

2/4: done

I am visualizing a game show challenge “how many of these items can Tybee put in their proper place BEFORE the timer runs out?” - cue dramatic music, and, go!

day 5
    unearthed 4 plaster molds that were carried back to the house to be washed, but left in the garage because they were too gross to put in the kitchen - back BEFORE we installed the new kitchen. Brought them in and washed them. The washing took way longer than 5 minutes, but getting them out of the garage took a lot less, so i’m splitting the difference.