Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Five minute February challenge

Five minute February challenge

Dh said “I think we could finish cleaning the garage in about an hour” (I think dh is nuts) but, there are 28 days in February. If I spend 5 minutes every day - that is 2 hours and 20 minutes. Most of what needs to be done is quick - dump out a flower pot and move it to the greenhouse, pound in a nail and hang a tool, toss out a broken umbrella....

i realize i’m starting this late, but I spent more than ten minutes on the 1st, so i’m calling it good.

i’m not going to actually time my five minutes every day. Some days I will just do things like “wash this bucket and put it back where it belongs”

anybody else have a five minute challenge they want to try?

Yes, I want to enter our day's spending and income onto a new spreadsheet so that we have better tracking of spending. Will need an hour or so to set it up and then 5-10 minutes a day should work for the recording.

Do you think you can make time to set it up today?

Definitely--we are just pulling tax stuff together so can do it after that, this afternoon. It's a preset form, just need to make a few modifications.

A friend of mine sets the timer for 15 minutes every and her and her husband clean. I find it interesting how everyone is so different in what works. I prefer longer periods of time. But it’s important to do whatever works.

Day 3: Dumped out and stacked some flowerpots, found a handful of plastic spoons to run through the dishwasher (we use them in pottery class), and took the piece of fencing that I saved from someone’s trash a long time ago and will need in two weeks out to the barn.

I finished the 2nd book by a slob comes clean and love her nonjudgmental style as well as practical tips. I think it’s the best book about decluttering and I have read a lot of them.

Day 4:

Picked up the really cute, but broken duck umbrella that has been in the garage for, um, years. Told myself “ok, it’s the moment of truth - fix it right now, or throw it away.” I don’t know how to fix it. So I threw it away.

grabbed the handful of garden stakes that were leaning in the corner and carried them to the barn, where I deposited them in the garden stake holder on the very useful cart that dh made me two years ago.

Tybee?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Day 4:

Picked up the really cute, but broken duck umbrella that has been in the garage for, um, years. Told myself “ok, it’s the moment of truth - fix it right now, or throw it away.” I don’t know how to fix it. So I threw it away.

grabbed the handful of garden stakes that were leaning in the corner and carried them to the barn, where I deposited them in the garden stake holder on the very useful cart that dh made me two years ago.

Tybee?
    I am going to change mine. I will still do the financial tracking but it is not conducive to the 5 minute thing as it takes as long as it takes.

I bought a new kitchen timer and am going to set it for 5 minutes and just run around returning items to their proper places for 5 minutes.

2/4: done

I am visualizing a game show challenge “how many of these items can Tybee put in their proper place BEFORE the timer runs out?” - cue dramatic music, and, go!

day 5
    unearthed 4 plaster molds that were carried back to the house to be washed, but left in the garage because they were too gross to put in the kitchen - back BEFORE we installed the new kitchen. Brought them in and washed them. The washing took way longer than 5 minutes, but getting them out of the garage took a lot less, so i’m splitting the difference.

Thread Information